News BulletsBy Michelle
August 26, 2003 - 8:19 PM
- The Boston Globe has an article on "Science eye for the nonscience guy" recommending Star Trek to learn scientific literacy.
- Sci Fi Wire has published the plot summary of the pilot episode of Jake 2.0, the show that will follow Enterprise on UPN this fall in the Wednesday 9 p.m. time slot. Directed by Rob Lieberman, the first episode will be entitled "The Tech."
- Aboriginal actors cited Patrick Stewart as an influence on their decision to enter the performing arts in an article at The Ottawa Citizen.
- The Salt Lake Tribune has an article on the preponderance of science fiction writers in Utah which discusses Mormon themes in Star Trek.
- TrekWeb gives John Vornholt's Genesis Force a four out of five star rating, stating that despite a rushed ending the disaster story "is only the backdrop for the true human drama to unfold."
- A San Francisco Chronicle review of a new biography of Lucille Ball, Ball of Fire, discusses the innovations of Desilu (including Star Trek) and the comedienne's feminism.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.