Site ColumnsBy Caillan
February 26, 2002 - 3:45 PM
Weird moment of the day: My 10 year old brother came home from school and told me he had been taught a song about God to the 'Flinstones' theme. Top marks for creativity;)
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
- Read the latest news about the BBS software and find out how you can help the site here.
- How would you have written Chakotay and Seven in 'Endgame'?
- Do you like how Enterprise is handling the transporter?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
These were some of the major news items on February 26, 1999:
- 'Good Shepherd' Spoilers
The first information on Voyager's 'Good Shepherd' emerged online:
Janeway discovers that there are three 'outcasts' on her ship that have never been on an away mission, and who have fallen through the cracks as far as receiving her 'personal attention.
The episode was originally reported to feature the return of Kes, but that turned out to be 'Fury.'
- Wolfe Talks 'Andromeda'
Former DS9 writer-producer Robert Hewitt Wolfe talked about his new series - Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda, mentioning his plans for a story arc. "As for the "arc," personally I have no idea how this show is going to end. I don't even want to know at this stage. I want to see how it evolves. Follow the characters and the premise and see where it takes us. All I can promise is that we'll do everything we can to make it a great ride." Further information on the series can be found in our sister site SlipstreamWeb.
More news can be found in the archives.
Today is the 39th birthday of Chase Masterson, who played Dabo girl (and later wife of the Grand Nagus) Leeta on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.
Today's Television Listings
- TNN will be showing the Next Generation episodes 'QPid' at 8:00 p.m Eastern Time, with 'The Inner Light' at 11:00 p.m.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series episode 'Where No Man Has Gone Before' at 6:00 p.m Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series episode 'Errand of Mercy' at 10:00 a.m and 2:00 p.m Eastern Time, with the Next Generation's 'Darmok' at 3:00 p.m, DS9's 'Tribunal' at 4:00 p.m, and Voyager's 'Fair Trade' at 5:00 p.m.
- In the United Kingdom, E4 will show the Original Series episode 'The Empath' at 14:00 and 18:00 GMT. Sky One will show Voyager's 'Nemesis' at 17:00 and midnight. BBC 2 will show Voyager's 'Nightingale' at 18:20. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- At 8:00pm (7:00pm Central), UPN will be showing Enterprise's 'Fusion'. Here's how the official site describes the episode:
The Enterprise hosts a group of Vulcans who, unlike T'Pol and the other Vulcan High Command, are eager to embrace and experience their own emotions. When one of their rank tempts her to adapt their more free-spirited approach to life, T'Pol finds herself faced with a confusing and intriguing dilemma.
Following this, UPN will be airing a repeat of 'Cold Front' at 9:00pm Eastern Time (8:00pm Central). The official synopsis of the episode can be found below:
When the Enterprise comes in contact with an alien vessel transporting stargazers to observe a spectacular stellar event, Archer invites them aboard the ship not realizing that Silik, a Suliban enemy, is among them. Archer quickly realizes that Silik is engaged in a nefarious time-travelling mission and must stop him before he can tamper with the course of history.
More information on both these episodes can be found in the Trek Nation episode guide.
- TNN will be showing TNG's 'The Drumhead' at 8:00pm Eastern Time and 'Time's Arrow, Part I' at 11:00pm.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series's 'The Naked Time' at 6:00pm Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series's 'The Alternate Factor' at 10:00am Eastern Time, repeated at 2:00pm, TNG's 'Ensign Ro' at 3:00pm, DS9's 'The Jem'Hadar' at 4:00pm and Voyager's 'Alter Ego' at 5:00pm, repeated at 10:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing Voyager's 'Revulsion' at 17:00 GMT, repeated at 00:00. BBC2 will be showing TNG's 'The Child' at 18:20. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Australia, TV1 will be showing the Original Series's 'The Galileo Seven' at 23:45. Channel 9 will be airing Enterprise's 'Broken Bow, Part II' at 22:30. Thanks go out to Sci-Fi TV Schedules International!