News BulletsBy Michelle
August 25, 2005 - 8:13 PM
- SuperHeroHype.com has a report by a fan who met Patrick Stewart (Picard) on the X-Men 3 set.
- There are photos of Jolene Blalock (T'Pol) at the G-Phoria Videogame Awards at Just Jolene Blalock.
- SF Gate has a story on a pub tribute to James Doohan (Scotty). Thanks to Soul of Star Trek.
- Obituaries and memorial fund information for Brock Peters (Joseph Sisko-Admiral Cartwright), Herta Ware (Yvette Picard) and Loulie Jean Norman (theme singer) are available at StarTrek.com.
- TV Squad has a review of Marina Sirtis (Troi)'s appearance on "The Closer."
- Sev Trek has posted the finalists of the latest Troi cartoon caption contest.
- Totally Kate! has a new article on Kate Mulgrew (Janeway) and Tea at Five in Pasadena.
- John Rhys-Davies (da Vinci), Tommy Lister (Klaang) and James Callis (Baltar) star in the soon to be released epic two-part movie One Night With the King. Thanks to TrekWeb.
- Gateworld names Andrew J. Robinson (Garak) as part of a fantasy cast for a Stargate fan series.
- Gregg Henry from Star Trek: Insurrection will appear in the movie The Hunt for the BTK Killer shooting in Canada, according to The Futon Critic.
- The UFP has learned that the fourth season of Star Trek: Enterprise will launch on Channel 4 in the UK on September 18th.
- Mac Video Pro cites the trailer for Star Trek: Nemesis as "a good example of a contemporary action trailer."
- TrekPulse has DVD caps from the first seven episodes of the original Star Trek series.
- The Star Trek CCG official site has posted an overview of the Star Trek 1st Edition X-List.
- Washington, DC mayor Anthony Williams uses Star Trek phrases in his blog, reports USA Today.
- Star Trek-style surgical instruments are becoming the norm, claims Australian IT News.
- The San Bernardino County Sun introduces Brannon Braga's Threshold's supporting cast.
- Broadway World reports on The Unholy Secrets of the Theremin, a tale of sex, spies, and sci-fi soundtracks which features references to Star Trek and its musical instruments.
- An interview with author David Mack about the new book series Star Trek: Vanguard is available at Sci Fi Pulse.
- TrekWeb has a review of S.C.E.: Breakdowns.
- Excerpts from a new interview with Ron Moore about Battlestar Galactica are at The Great Link.
- Austrek: The Star Trek Fan Club of Melbourne, Australia will be hosting a Klingon wedding.
- The Arkansas Democrat reports that Google is slowly taking over Microsoft's well-established nickname of "The Borg" for its ever-expanding business endeavours.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.