Gaming BulletsBy Caillan
August 25, 2001 - 11:52 AM
- Armada Universe has posted an interview with Dr. Ian Lane Davis, CEO of Mad Doc Software, the company producing 'Star Trek: Armada II.' "There’s no one influence for Armada 2, but all the great RTS games have made an impact on us at Mad Doc," Davis said. "When we were first contemplating the game, I had everyone at the company spend a whole week playing the first game, both single player and multi-player. Then I had everyone spend a whole week playing every great RTS out there." The full interview can be found here.
- A review of 'Starfleet Command: Orion Pirates' has been posted at Game Over. "Though the new missions and Orion Pirates cartel is compelling, I don't think it is revolutionary to the franchise at all," wrote reviewer 'Fwiffo'. "Orion Pirates even retains most of the trappings, audio and visual wise, of the original game. The new content amounts to very little, especially if you continue to play under one of the existing star empires. If you have no interest in playing for the Pirates for any length of time, you won't be able to appreciate some of the new features." The game is awarded a score of 78% in the complete analysis.
- Gamer's Pulse has also reviewed the Starfleet Command stand-alone mission pack, awarding it a score of 90%. "When you get right down to it though, SFC: Orion Pirates is an extremely enjoyable experience, for Trekkies and non-Trekkies alike," wrote reviewer Dennis Dunn. "The combat is intense and exciting, and everything that space combat between capital ships should be. The graphics, while not groundbreaking, are quite beautiful, and the sound compliments the game well. Considering that this expansion can stand all alone, there really is no excuse not to pick it up." To read more, go here.
- A special build of 'Bridge Commander' is expected to make an appearance at the NDL booth at ECTS (European Interactive Entertainment Expo) to be held at ExCeL London from September 2-4. The official site has further details.
- The official 'Bridge Commander' site has posted a new screenshot of the week.
- A list of all the Star Trek CCG Borg cards has been posted at the official Decipher web site.
Thanks to Blue's News for most of these!
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.