News BulletsBy Christian
August 25, 2000 - 10:18 PM
- Voyager's Delights has posted a new set of rumours on the end of Voyager, according to which, among other things, Tom Paris will die, Voyager is thrown back to the Caretaker's Array and the Doctor becomes trapped in Seven of Nine's body. However, the original source of this was the Star Trek 'news' line of British television station Sky One, notorious for exaggerating and also simply inventing rumours, so be sure not to attach too much belief to them.
- Issue 130 of the British TV Zone magazine features an episode guide of Voyager's fifth season, as well as a look at season six featuring Robert Picardo (the Holodoc). Thanks go out to Gustavo Leao for this!
- Following the earlier two reports at the site, Totally Kate! has been updated with another report of the recent appearance by Kate Mulgrew (Kathryn Janeway) at the Stella Adler Theatre, during which she talked about how she became an actor, as well as her wish that Janeway dies in Voyager's final season. Thanks again to Gustavo for this!
- ColonelT.com has been updated with the results of the First Shatneric Haiku Contest.
- On Wednesday, UPN's repeat of 'Good Shepherd' earned the netlet a 2.0 rating / 3 share, compared to a 2.8/4 a week ago. The repeat narrowly beat the WB summer series 'Young Americans', which got a 1.9/3. On FOX, 'Star Trek: Generations' got a 3.1/5, down from the FOX ratings of the week before. Most of the drops on both networks was undoubtedly due to the 'Survivor' finale, earning an amazing 30.8/45.
- Andreatta Geerdes at the Christian Science Monitor has written an article entitled 'My marriage beams me up', dealing with how she started sharing her husband's interest in Star Trek after a few years, and how 'Voyager' is a good metaphor for their marriage.
- StarTrek.com is reporting that William O. Campbell (Captain Thadiun Okona, 'The Outrageous Okona') has signed on as presenter at the 52nd Annual Primetime Emmy Awards. Meanwhile, Christopher McDonald (Lt. Richard Castillo, 'Yesterday's Enterprise') will be one of the presenters at the Creative Arts Awards portion of the Emmys, for which Voyager has been nominated several times.
- And in that same report, the official site also talks about Joel Grey, who appeared as Caylem in Voyager's 'Resistance'. On September 22, two films of his will open, namely 'Dancer in the Dark' and 'The Fantasticks', that last one being based on the long-running off-Broadway musical which propelled the career of Ricardo Montalban (Khan).
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.