News BulletsBy Michelle
July 25, 2005 - 8:47 PM
- The Patrick Stewart Network reports that the English-dubbed version of Steamboy, for which Patrick Stewart (Picard) performs the voice of Lloyd Steam, will be released on DVD on July 26th.
- Star Trek's other senior captain, William Shatner (Kirk), has updated his web site with discussions about his daughter getting married and his favorite drinks.
- Warner Bros. has pushed back the release date of Alexander Siddig (Bashir)'s Syriana from September to November 23rd (limited) and December 9th (wide), according to Sid City.
- Sev Trek is paying tribute to James Doohan (Scotty) with a caption contest.
- User Friendly has a cartoon, "The Pearly Gates For Chief Engineers of Starships named 'Enterprise'". Thanks to Bernie.
- In honour of Doohan, these Martian rocks explored by the Mars Rover Opportunity were named "Scotty."
- About 50 Star Trek fans gathered at a Toronto pub Saturday in memory of Doohan, described by CANOE Jam! as "a real-life war veteran they say never lost sight of his Canadian roots."
- Soul of Star Trek has a tribute to Doohan as well as commentary on the Star Trek movie rumours and Star Date.
- The Devil's Rejects, which as previously reported features Star Trek guest star Sid Haig, also includes among its cast members Michael Berryman, who played an alien officer at Starfleet Command in Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home and Captain Rixx in the Star Trek: The Next Generation episode "Conspiracy." Thanks to Cardinal Biggles.
- Playbill reports that Amanda McBroom, who played Phillipa Louvois in TNG's "Measure Of A Man", brings her new musical A Woman Of Will to New York off-Broadway. The production begins previews September 15th at the Daryl Roth Theatre. Thanks to Debbie.
- TrekTrak at DragonCon in Atlanta over Labor Day weekend will feature a debate, "Star Trek vs. The New Battlestar Galactica", at which BSG stars Jamie Bamber (Apollo), James Callis (Baltar) and Richard Hatch (the original Apollo and current Tom Zarek) will join SciFiDimensions.com editor John C. Snider and Star Trek: Hidden Frontier writer/producer Carlos Pedraza.
- Former Star Trek: Voyager staff writer Bryan Fuller's series Dead Like Me is coming out on DVD; it may be ordered from Amazon.com.
- Psi Phi has excerpts from the Star Trek: S.C.E. novels Fables of the Prime Directive and Security, and cover artwork for the Enterprise novel Rosetta.
- TrekPulse is giving away a copy of the Region 2 Star Trek: Insurrection Special Edition DVD.
- Darker Projects Production has released the first episode in their second season in the audio Star Trek series The Section 31 Files.
- The Enterpriser Zone states that according to KNX-AM news radio, a CBS News affiliate, the Pentagon will deploy a Star Trek-like device in Iraq next year that will inflict less-lethal force in order to achieve crowd control. The device is called the "Sheriff."
- And UPN is getting the kind of publicity for Veronica Mars that it never got for Enterprise, having sibling network CBS air four episodes of the series in prime time to interest new viewers, notes The Chicago Tribune.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.