News BulletsBy Christian
June 25, 2003 - 10:29 PM
- Cinescape has posted two new photos of Anthony Montgomery (Travis Mayweather), taken backstage after a performance by Montgomery in the play The Dutchman. One of the photos also features his cast mate Dominic Keating (Malcolm Reed). Thanks go out to Doug Wilson for this!
- Playbill Online reports that Tea at Five, the play based on Katharine Hepburn's life that features Kate Mulgrew (Kathryn Janeway), will move to Florida for a short run after the play closes in New York. Following a short series of performances in Florida, Mulgrew will embark on a tour of the country.
- According to an article by Sue Vorenberg of the Scripps Howard News Service, the US Air Force is currently developing laser weapons that could be ready for use in 2012. Currently the system is being tested in flight simulators, using some very familiar sound effects. "We got the noise for this one from Tactical Air Systems," said software engineer Suzanne Baker. "I think they got it from 'Star Trek' or something, but I'm not sure. You'd think a bunch of nerds like us would know that." Thanks to Stovelkor for pointing the way!
- On the 2nd of September, Columbia will be releasing a DVD set called The Best of Designing Women, featuring five episodes from the classic series, according to TVShowsOnDVD.com. Scott Bakula (Jonathan Archer) appeared in the pilot episode of the show, which will also be available on the DVD.
- The TrekPulse classic gaming site has been updated with several "new" features, including an interview with Michael Dorn (Worf) conducted around the release of the Star Trek TNG: A Final Unity game and a review of the classic game The Kobayashi Alternative.
- TrekWeb reports that Michael Dorn (Worf) will appear in the Discovery Channel series Celebrity Wings on the 30th of June to discuss his passion for aviation.
- Scott Bakula (Jonathan Archer) will be one of many stars in attendance during this Saturday's world premiere of the new Walt Disney film Pirates of the Caribbean. Trek fan and former TNG guest star Kelsey Grammer (Captain Bateson) will also attend the event. Thanks go out to Miri for this!
- Enterprise network UPN has announced that its summer reality series America's Next Top Model will return for a second season around midseason. The show, in which a panel of expers including established model Tyra Banks select a top model from an inital group of 12, performed extremely well for the network among women, adults 18-49, and upscale viewers. More at the Futon Critic.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.