Gaming BulletsBy Caillan
May 25, 2003 - 9:40 AM
- IGN's Action Vault has posted a review of the Elite Force II demo. Here's an excerpt from Derek Forrester's article:
Rather than having enemies simply loll around until the player happens upon them, Ritual has used scripting to good effect, as there are a number of instances when the bug-like aliens initiate surprise attacks by smashing through walls or ceilings. The gameplay also benefits indirectly from a dramatic and dynamic musical score that shifts in mood and tempo according to events that are unfolding onscreen.
Read the full review at this page.
- The German version of the Elite Force II demo is available for download from TrekNews.de. The 122 MB file contains two missions from the game.
- Westlake Interactive recently announced that the Mac version of Elite Force II has reached the Alpha testing stage. "Suffice to say, coding on the Mac build has gone very smoothly so far, and we're expecting to be even further along once the PC version is released," the company said. The original news can be found at MacCentral.
- Images of the Activision booth at the E3 gaming expo, including shots of gamers playing Elite Force II, are available at Ritualistic.com.
- New screenshots from Elite Force II, including images of the Enterprise-E interior, are now up at the game's official site. Gamespot has also uploaded several new shots. Thanks to Ritualistic for this!