News BulletsBy Michelle
April 25, 2006 - 9:42 PM
- The Patrick Stewart Network notes that Patrick Stewart (Picard) is one of 100 actors in In Character, a new book in which actors talk about acting.
- In addition, the first season of American Dad, in which Stewart plays a recurring role, will be released on April 25th by Fox.
- Alexander Siddig (Bashir)'s Syriana, for which George Clooney won an Academy Award, is available for pre-order at Amazon.com.
- In other Siddig news, Sid City has a gallery of production stills from Hannibal.
- Lifetime Television kicks off a month of new movies on May 1st, according to The Futon Critic, with Nicole deBoer (Ezri)'s Ties That Bind.
- Film Threat has an article on the Tribeca Film Institute's 2006 programming, which includes the 2nd Annual Youth Media Gala Screening, Our City, My Story on April 29th, hosted by Whoopi Goldberg (Guinan).
- Totally Kate! has photos from the Vulkon convention in Cleveland April 7-9th, at which Kate Mulgrew (Janeway) made a surprise appearance to visit Voyager co-stars Robert Duncan McNeill (Paris), Robert Picardo (The Doctor) and Ethan Phillips (Neelix).
- Vulkon has tickets available now for its October convention in Orlando, which will feature Mulgrew, Denise Crosby (Tasha), Rene Auberjonois (Odo) and several other guests.
- Robert Conrad and James Nestor report that casting is underway for a new Tim Russ (Tuvok) short film to be shot in July. The cast will include onetime Orion slave girls Crystal Allen and Menina Fortunato as well as Andromeda's Gordon Woolvett.
- Soul of Star Trek has new commentary on the future of Trek and the announcement of an eleventh feature film.
- Grease Trek met a warm welcome at Creation's Grand Slam convention and has been invited to be aired at the 40th anniversary convention in Las Vegas late this summer.
- Decipher has new articles on successful low-budget RPG decks and playing weenie cards to get up to speed.
- UserFriendly.org suggests that the Star Trek XI subtitle should be, The Wrath of Fans.
- Battlestar Galactica star Sam Witwer has fond memories of having met Wil Wheaton (Wesley) on the Paramount lot as a child at Battlestar Galactica Online.
- Stuff has an article on the HTC Star Trek phone.
- The L.A. Times has an article about Todd Masters, a visual effects artist who specializes in gore and combined physical and digital aspects to make the Borg Queen's head fuse with her body in Star Trek: First Contact.
- The Daily Trekker has a Star Trek movie guide with pictures and trivia for each of the Star Trek big screen adventures.
- And TrekCore.com has many new updates, including DVD caps from Enterprise bonus features, deleted scenes and Outtakes; caps from Enterprise's "Shockwave", "Carbon Creek", "Minefield", "Stigma" and "Cease Fire"; caps from DS9's "The Quickening", "The Search, Part 1", "The Search, Part 2", "House of Quark" and "Visionary"; TNG's Theme and Episode Suite , gaming coverage of Orion Pirates and 12,000 movie caps.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.