News BulletsBy Christian
March 25, 2000 - 11:23 PM
- The Friday edition of Studio Briefing was reporting that Viacom would most likely be allowed to keep both CBS and UPN by the Federal Communications Commission. The FCC is apparently considering retaining a rule preventing any of the Big 4 TV networks from merging with another, but dropping a rule preventing them from taking over other networks or developing new ones. Thanks go out to Jeff 'Koganuts' Koga for this!
- Australian gaming site BigKid has put up a 12 MB trailer for 'Voyager: Elite Force', Activision's upcoming first-person shooter. According to Federation HQ the AVI file consists of completely new footage, so it's certainly worth checking out. You can download the file from BigKid.
- Malte Kirchner at the German Star Trek Index (DSi) sends along word that, beginning with the April edition, his and Yann-Patrick Schlame's successful 'Episodencafé' online radio show will be distributed by the DSi. Previously the show was distributed by SF-Radio. You will be able to listen to the show here.
- The official Jeri Lynn Ryan Homepage is reporting that Jeri Ryan (Seven of Nine) will appear in the Style Watch section of the April 3, 2000 issue of People magazine.
- An article by Andrew Flynn for the Montreal Gazette about written science fiction on the web also mentions Star Trek a few times.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.