News BulletsBy T'Bonz
January 25, 2009 - 12:03 PM
- USA Today this week provided a first look at many of the new toys being produced by Playmates to tie in with the new Trek film, including action figures of the main characters. In addition, TrekMovies.com also has a report on the Playmates line.
- andPOP has posted a new article on the 20 minutes of footage of the new film that Paramount has been previewing for a while.
- The December 15 episode of CBS sitcom The Big Bang Theory featured one of the characters, Sheldon, receiving a napkin supposedly autographed by Leonard Nimoy (Spock). Sheldon really grew ecstatic once he learned Nimoy had actually used the napkin to wipe his mouth, too. TV Guide reports the napkin from the show (now really autographed by Nimoy) will soon be auctioned off for charity.
- The town of Vulcan is still on its quest to persuade Paramount to organise the premiere of the new film there.
- William Shatner offers tips for getting out of the economic crisis.
- TrekMovie.com has posted a new interview with Wil Wheaton (Wesley Crusher). Wheaton told the site he remains "cautiously optimistic" about the new film, which he is "really excited" to see.
- The Harrah's casino chain will soon be launching a line of Trek-themed slot machines.
- Ain't It Cool News recently gave the thumbs-up to "Star Trek: Countdown," the new Trek prequel comic penned by Trek XI screenwriters Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman.
- And finally, Variety is reporting that CBS Consumer Products will even be bringing a line of Star Trek Barbie dolls to store shelves.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.