News BulletsBy Christian
October 24, 2000 - 11:02 PM
- According to a BBC report, auction house Christie's in Los Angeles is preparing to auction off a set of original ears from Mr. Spock, as well as a face mask of William Shatner as a young Captain Kirk. Thanks go out to Jonathan Davies at Maximum Warp for this!
- According to TrekWeb, both Kate Mulgrew (Kathryn Janeway) and Robert Beltran (Chakotay) have started appearing in Public Service Announcements in the US, encouraging viewers to get out and vote in the upcoming Presidential Elections. The ad shows both actors dressed in uniform but sitting in chairs off-stage.
- Studio Briefing is reporting that WWF owner Vince McMahon is trying to buy Ted Turner's WCW wrestling franchise, practically creating a monopoly in the wrestling market. 'WWF Smackdown!' last year re-energised UPN with record ratings.
- The official Star Trek site is reporting that Marc Alaimo (Gul Dukat), Jeffrey Combs (Weyoun) and Casey Biggs (Damar) will perform readings of monologues and scenes from several Shakespearean plays in a special one-time presentation called 'What Shakespeare Leaves Behind'. The event will take place on the 2nd of November at the Pacific Resident Theatre in Venice, California. Info on how to obtain tickets can be found here.
- And according to the Rene Files, another actor connected to the Dominion, René Auberjonois (Odo), is performing on stage. Since the 14th of October and until the 26th of November, he is appearing in the play 'Ancestral Voices' at the Falcon Theatre in southern California. Thanks go out to TrekWeb for this!
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.