Site ColumnsBy Lisa
September 24, 2001 - 2:29 PM
Today's site columns come to you on the second try, no thanks to the efforts of my bloody stupid evil nasty computer.
Yes, it crashed when I was half way through assembling these things. And that, is really really annoying.
I suggested to Christian that he get himself a really cushy sponsorship deal for TrekToday with a really rich computer manufacturer. That way I could get myself a replacement. He replied that all the really rich computer manufacturers were already in bed with other sites. I assured him that his staff are far better between the sheets than they are, but he didn't seem impressed. I think this probably means he hasn't changed his mind about why it's really really important and vital to the health of the site that he buy me a Playstation II, either.
You can't blame a girl for trying, can you?
Welcome to 'Broken Bow' week on TrekToday. Where the levels of hype and excitement just might cause some members of staff to implode. I've been worried about Caillan for some time now. Odd things seem to happen to him whenever someone mentions the word 'calling,' he comes across a publicity shot or the word 'Bakula.' He'll deny it of course.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
-Who do you like to Laugh at in Star Trek?
-Who deserved a promotion?
-What's your favourite Ship Class?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
Below are some of the most important headlines from TrekToday on Friday September 24, 1999:
- Green Reviews 'Equinox II'
Michelle Erica Green posted the first of her Voyager reviews for the sixth season, looking at 'Equinox, Part Two.'
Maybe this is a conspiracy to make us appreciate Seven, so that if they can Janeway and put Borgette in command, we'll all feel grateful.
The full review is still available online.
Today saw the launch of Raven software's official 'Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force' site, here. The site is still the place to go for all the official info about the only game that lets you and your friends defend Janeway's Ready Room from hoards of ravaging Borg and hide behind her desk when you lose.
More headlines from that day can be found in our September 1999 archive.
Today's Television Listings
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing The Original Series's 'Bread And Circuses' at 5:00pm Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing The Original Series's 'Requiem For Methuselah' at 2:00pm Eastern Time, TNG's 'Genesis' at 3:00pm, DS9's 'In Purgatory's Shadow' at 4:00pm and Voyager's 'Live Fast And Prosper' at 5:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing a TNG episode at 17:00 GMT, with a repeat at 00:00, and Voyager's 'The Q And The Grey' at 21:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing TNG's 'Gefangen in der Vergangenheit' ('Q Pid') at 16:00 CET.
- In Australia, TV1 will be showing The Original Series's 'Operation Annihilate' at 11:30pm. Thanks go out to the Australian Babylon 5 & Star Trek air schedule.
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series episode 'Assignment: Earth' at 5:00 p.m Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series episode 'The Way to Eden' at 2:00 p.m Eastern Time, followed by the Next Generation's 'Journey's End' at 3:00 p.m. DS9's 'By Inferno's Light' at 4:00 p.m will be followed by Voyager's 'Muse' at 5:00 p.m.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky one will be showing an episode of the Next Generation at 17:00 GMT, but details of the episode are currently unavilable. Voyager's 'Ashes to Ashes' will be shown on BBC2 at 18:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing the Next Generation episode 'Das Standgericht' at 16:00 ECT.