DS9 Season 3 DVD Details ReleasedBy Caillan
May 24, 2003 - 6:05 AM
Online retailer Amazon.com recently published the specifications for the DVD set of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine's third season.
Scheduled for release in North America on June 3, 2003, the seven-disc set contains all 26 episodes of the show's 1994-1995 season. The episodes are presented in full frame format with English Dolby Digital 5.1 and 2.0 surround soundtracks.
The DVD box set contains the third-season premiere, "The Search", which marks the first appearance of the Defiant as the DS9 crew seek out the Founders; the time-travel story "Past Tense"; another trip to the mirror universe in "Through The Looking Glass"; the two-part "Improbable Cause" and "The Die Is Cast", in which the Romulans and Cardassians join forces to attack the Dominion; and the season finale, "The Adversary".
Several Deep Space Nine featurettes are also included:
- The Birth of the Dominion and Beyond - Executive producer Ira Steven Behr and others discuss the origins of Deep Space Nine's long-running foe.
- Michael Westmore's Aliens, Season Three - Makeup supervisor Michael Westmore shows off his creations, including "Kira as a Cardassian, Bashir's aging process, and several dramatic changes for Odo".
- Crew Dossier: Odo - Actor Rene Auberjonois talks his role as DS9's security chief.
- Time Travel Files - Cast and crew discuss the two-part episode, "Past Tense".
- Sailing Through the Stars: A Special Look at "Explorers" -Production designer Herman Zimmerman on the design of the Bajoran solar ship, including "rarely seen photos and illustrations".
In the United Kingdom, the DVD package will be released on June 23, while German fans can pick up the set a day later on June 24. To pre-order the European (Region 2) sets and support TrekToday, please use the following links: Amazon.co.uk - Amazon.de.