News BulletsBy Christian
April 24, 2000 - 9:21 PM
- AP has sent out a photo featuring Kate Mulgrew (Kathryn Janeway) and John DeLancie (Q), from one of the two Voyager episodes featuring Q. The text under the photo mentions that the April 29 edition of TV Guide includes a short article on the fact that UPN is intending to replace 'Voyager' with Series V, and that some fans and producers are apparently unhappy about it.
- According to AnotherUniverse's Daily Buzz, UPN is close to signing a deal to pick up 'Gary and Max'. The show, a claymation comedy by the creators of 'Mad TV', was previously under consideration by Fox, who wanted to air it over summer. Now that network appears to have lost interest, but UPN feels the show, dealing with two teenagers' cross-country road trip, would fit well on their net next season.
- In addition, the Daily Buzz is reporting that UPN is in early negotiations with 20th Century Fox to pick up 'Family Guy' for next season. The two main problems that could prevent this are that the Fox network hasn't officially cancelled the show yet, and it is rather expensive.
- Creation Entertainment has just announced they'll be organising a Star Trek/Xena/General SF convention in Memphis on the weekend of the 8th and 9th of July. One of the guests will be Tim Russ (Tuvok). You can find out more by going to the Creation web site and clicking on the link to Memphis.
- According to Stomped's E3 site, Nana Visitor (Kira Nerys) will be appearing at this year's Electronic Entertainment Expo to sign autographs and promote Simon & Schuster's 'Deep Space Nine: The Fallen' game. Kira is one of the three player characters in the game.
- PriceLine.com, the internet company made famous by having William Shatner (James T. Kirk) as its official singing spokesman, has announced its gross profit for the first quarter of this year has grown to $49 million, up 752% from a year ago. Researchers are predicting the company might turn a net profit as early as this year's fourth quarter.
- Showtime has put up the official site for its upcoming film 'Rated X', also featuring an appearance by Nicole deBoer (Ezri Dax). The film will premiere on the 13th of May, and will be rated Mature Audiences Only. Be warned that for some reason the people at Showtime are apparently a bit xenophobic, as the site is only accessible for Americans, so major thanks go out to Jeff 'Koganuts' Koga for sending me a screenshot!
- Jim Wright at Delta Blues has put up his somewhat delayed review of Child's Play, awarding the episode three stars. Of course it also includes the usual very detailed synopsis of the episode.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.