Site ColumnsBy Caillan
March 24, 2002 - 1:02 PM
I was mulling over getting 'Amadeus' on DVD recently, until I joyfully discovered they're actually releasing a new director's cut with 20 minutes of extra material. Stuff 'ET' - this is the special edition I'm *really* looking forward to.
Qualification: I don't hate 'ET.' Really. It's just that at the end of every school term, without fail, we would watch 'ET.' So now I can't stand the film.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
- How would you have done Enterprise differently?
- Spot Spock's face in the DS9 credits!
- What do you think of the 'Nemesis' logo?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
These were some of the major news items on March 24, 2000:
- Berman, Braga Talk Future Trek
Voyager executive producers Rick Berman and Brannon Braga talked cryptically about Series V, saying it would be "far more different than really all three of the last series have been from the original."
The interview also confirmed that a tenth Trek feature film was in development, and that co-executive producer Joe Menosky would be leaving the Voyager staff at the end of season six. Two years on, Menosky recently signed onboard Michael Piller's new series, The Dead Zone.
- Berman Talks More Trek X
Speaking to the Star Trek Communicator, Rick Berman also revealed that had met with a non-Trek writer about penning the next feature film. Eventually, 'Star Trek: Nemesis' was written by Oscar-nominee John Logan from a story developed with Berman and Brent Spiner.
More news can be found in the archives.
Today's Television Listings
- TNN will be showing the Next Generation episodes 'Redemption, Part I' at 10:00 p.m Eastern Time and 'Redemption, Part II' at 11:00 p.m.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Enterprise episode 'Rogue Planet' at 8:00 p.m Eastern Time.
- In the United Kingdom, BBC2 will show the Original Series episode 'Return to Tomorrow' at 10:20 a.m GMT. Sky One will show Ds9's 'The Ship' at 14:00, wiht TNG's 'Booby Trap' at 15:00 and 'The Price' at 56:00. Enterprise's 'Silent Enemy' will be shown at 17:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- TNN will be showing TNG's 'Violations' at 8:00pm Eastern Time and 'Birthright, Part I' at 11:00pm.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series's 'Space Seed' at 6:00pm Eastern Time and 'The Man Trap' at 7:00pm.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series's 'The Gamesters of Triskelion' at 10:00am Eastern Time, repeated at 2:00pm, TNG's 'The Perfect Mate' at 3:00pm, DS9's 'Distant Voices' at 4:00pm and Voyager's 'The Raven' at 5:00pm and 10:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing Voyager's 'In The Flesh' at 17:00 GMT and Enterprise's 'Dear Doctor' at 20:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In the Netherlands, Nederland 2 will be showing Voyager's 'Body and Soul' at 20:30 CET. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
- In Australia, TV1 will be showing the Original Series's 'A Piece of the Action' at 23:20. Thanks go out to Sci-Fi TV Schedules International!