Site ColumnsBy Christian
March 24, 2001 - 10:18 PM
Even though I've never been more than one time zone away from the Netherlands, I'm sure that when I do ever go on a longer flight, the jetlag will absolutely kill me. Europe went into summer time this weekend, and as every year, just having this one hour removed from the day has completely messed up my biological clock. Every year I promise to myself to keep next year's changing weekend relatively free so I can adjust in peace, but then this year I again had a family visit planned, so I had to get up relatively early.
In addition, it is literally only as I type this that I realise I am a complete and utter idiot, as I actually went into a summertime a day before the rest of the country. During the family visit, I was already wondering why my relatives hadn't changed the time on their clocks, but of course that's because summer time goes into effect tonight rather than yesterday night. This is unbelievable - finally a year in which I think of moving the clock an hour in the right direction, and I do it on the wrong day. Sigh. I think I'll just go to bed and not get out of it anymore until we move back to proper time again.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
-What's your favourite TOS one-liner?
-Do you think Paramount should publish a line of canon novels?
-And in a rather unusual topic: do you see any parallels between 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon' and Star Trek?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
Below are some of the most important headlines that appeared on TrekToday on Wednesday the 24th of March, 1999:
- Massive New DS9 Finale Spoilers - Sid City, the official fan site for Alexander Siddig (Julian Bashir) posted some major plot details for DS9's Final Chapter. The site reported Benjamin Sisko and Kassidy Yates would marry, Gul Dukat and Kai Winn would become lovers, and Ezri Dax and Julian Bashir would start dating. Interestingly, the site also reported DS9 writer Ron Moore had begun leaking bogus episode titles, as he was annoyed with how quick Final Chapter details had made their way to the net.
- Jeri Ryan Filming Movie, Skips Convention - Jeri Ryan (Seven of Nine) was unable to attend the Sci-Fi Expo convention, as she had accepted a role as a replacement for an actress in a new movie. In all likelihood, this was the 2000 Disney film 'The Kid', starring Bruce Willis, in which she had a minor role.
- Today on TV - UPN aired the new Voyager episode 'The Fight'.
For more news from that day, please check out our March 1999 archives.
Today's Television Listings
- In Canada, Space! will be showing Voyager's 'State of Flux' at 4am (repeat at 1pm), DS9's 'Covenant' 5am (repeat at 12pm), TOS's 'The Enterprise Incident' at 10am and TNG's 'Bloodlines' at 11am.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing Voyager's 'Drone' at 06:00 (repeat at 16:00), DS9's 'Apocalypse Rising' at 14:00, 'The Ship' at 15:00 and Voyager's 'Extreme Risk' at 17:00, while BBC2 will screen original series episode 'Who Mourns For Adonais?' at 18:30. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing the original series episode, 'Das Spinnennetz' ('The Tholian Web') at 14:00 (repeat at 01:20) and Voyager's 'Verborgene Bilder' ('Latent Image') at 15:00.
- In the Netherlands, BBC2 will show original series episode, 'Who Mourns for Adonais?' at 19:30. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
- In Australia, pay tv channel TV one will show original series episode 'Errand of Mercy' at 8pm and DS9's 'The Forsaken' at 10pm. Thanks go out to the Australian Babylon 5 & Star Trek air schedule
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series episode 'Let That Be Your Last Battlefield' at 10:00am Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series' 'The Paradise Syndrome' at 10:00am Eastern Time and TNG's 'Emergence' at 11:00am.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing three TNG episodes, beginning at 14:00 GMT with 'Allegiance', followed at 15:00 by 'Captain's Holiday' and at 16:00 by 'Tin Man'. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Australia, pay channel TV1 will be showing DS9's 'The Forsaken' at 10:00am. Thanks go out to the Australian Babylon 5 & Star Trek air schedule