News BulletsBy Michelle
February 24, 2005 - 8:39 PM
- Cyrus has reported at the TrekBBS that the final ratings for "Affliction" were very close to those of "The Aenar", 3.16 million viewers, down from 3.18 million the week before.
- StarTrek.com has photos of the Enterprise Project rally in New York. Tomorrow the group will take part in another rally in Los Angeles.
- Sid City has scans of Empire magazine's article on Kingdom of Heaven, which stars Alexander Siddig (Bashir) alongside Lord of the Rings' Orlando Bloom and The Phantom Menace's Liam Neeson.
- Totally Kate! has new photos of Kate Mulgrew (Janeway) with fans.
- Patrick Stewart said that the Star Trek franchise should be brought to a "dignified close", reports ContactMusic.com.
- Also from ContactMusic.com, Stewart's co-star Joshua Jackson, best known for former Enterprise competitor Dawson's Creek, said that he doesn't mind that Stewart had not heard of him before they starred in A Life in the Theatre together.
- The Futon Critic notes that Enterprise director David Straiton will helm the UPN pilot Wildlife, and that Denise Richards has joined the cast.
- There is an official Invasion Iowa site featuring William Shatner (Kirk) at SpikeTV.
- The Associated Press (via The Tallahassee Democrat) reported that Viacom posted an $18.4 billion dollar loss in the fourth quarter last year.
- The Seattle Post-Intelligencer critic says that Enterprise cannot be saved and that fans should switch their allegiance to Battlestar Galactica, particularly for the female characters, "all of whom are tougher and possessed of more depth than any on 'Enterprise.'"
- The Chicago Tribune's Maureen Ryan, long a public fan of Enterprise, instead offers a list of ways to save the franchise.
- Win a set of Star Trek: Voyager season six DVDs (presumably Region 2) from IC Dumbartonshire.
- French-Canadian station Z Télé will be broadcasting Voyager starting this fall, according to the site FAQ. Thanks to Tyana.
- Five-Minute Voyager is having an original series week this week, currently a "Kirkathon."
- Creation has announced that Penny Johnson Jerald (Kasidy Yates) will be at their Las Vegas convention this August.
- A starship-themed family restaurant, Starship Pegasus, recently opened in Italy, Texas, offering networked X-box games and astronomy displays. Thanks to Brent.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.