Gaming BulletsBy Caillan
February 24, 2002 - 3:44 PM
- A review of the 'Star Trek: Bridge Commander' demo is available at Ground Bridge Commander. "Players looking for a frantic and fast-paced space-combat game will not find it here," the site wrote, "but when fully explored and given time, fans and non-fans alike will find an ultimately satisfying tactical space combat sim set in the realm of the Star Trek universe." Read morehere.
- 15 new screenshots from 'Bridge Commander' have been posted at the Ground Bridge Commander web site.
- Another 10 screenshots from the game are up at BCFiles.
- Computer and Video Games has a further 15 screenshots on offer here.
- Mark Hill at Computer and Video recently reviewed 'Star Trek: Armada II,' which he called a "completely pointless sequel." Hill found the game wanting in several aspects:
The ships still look like cardboard when they explode and there is so little strategy to speak of you wonder how they get away with having an 's' in their RTS. The hackneyed formula of collecting resources and building units has been blasted out of the water by more sophisticated titles in recent times.
The game scored 52% in the complete analysis.
- A new CCG competition has been posted at Decipher.com.
Thanks to Blue's News for most of these!