Site ColumnsBy Caillan
February 24, 2002 - 3:17 PM
I'm afraid I may have to use my "Get out of Hello World! Free" card today, because I cannot think of anything interesting to say. Of course, that's never stopped me from posting boring or irrelevant stuff before, but today I'm really stuck.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
- Will O'Brien appear in the DS9 relaunch novels?
- What did you think of Voyager's seventh season?
- Would you like to see Series VI based on the 'New Earth' books?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
These were some of the major news items on February 24, 2000:
- Extremely Poor 'Spirit Folk' Ratings
Voyager didn't do very well in the ratings stakes, with 'Spirit Folk' only managing a 3.6 rating, 5 share. This was down from the 4.8/7 achieved by 'Collective' the previous week, and below many of the season's reruns.
- Berman Interview, Part Two
Rick Berman talked about Voyager's declining viewership in an online interview. "Obviously, the ratings aren't what they were for The Next Generation, but I believe that's the nature of the beast. [...] You reach a saturation point [with so many Trek series on offer] and, obviously, the numbers begin to diminish. In terms of developing the new show, we are hoping to come up with something that's going to bring back the Next Generation audience we've lost."
More news can be found in the archives.
Today's Television Listings
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Enterprise episode 'Fortunate Son' at 8:00 p.m eastern time.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will show DS9's 'Improbable Cause' at 14:00 GMT, with TNG's 'The Dauphin' at 15:00, 'Contagion' at 16:00 and Enterprise's 'Breaking the Ice' at 17:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- TNN will be showing TNG's 'The Nth Degree' at 8:00pm Eastern Time and 'The Next Phase' at 11:00pm.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series's 'Charlie X' at 6:00pm Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series's 'Devil in the Dark' at 10:00am Eastern Time, repeated at 2:00pm, TNG's 'Redemption, Part II' at 3:00pm, DS9's 'The Collaborator' at 4:00pm and Voyager's 'Macrocosm' at 5:00pm, repeated at 10:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing Voyager's 'Day of Honour' at 17:00 GMT, repeated at 00:00, and Enterprise's 'Civilization' at 20:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In the Netherlands, Ned2 will be showing Voyager's 'Drive' at 20:30 CET. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
- In Australia, TV1 will be showing the Original Series's 'Balance of Terror' at 23:45. Thanks go out to Sci-Fi TV Schedules International!