Site ColumnsBy Christian
January 24, 2002 - 3:20 PM
It's been a while since I wrote one of the Site Columns, but as I managed to do two colossally stupid things in a row the other day, both of which affected TrekToday, I figured I'd come apologise here in person.
Firstly, as many of you pointed out, the Tom Bergeron who yesterday announced he would be playing an alien trader in an upcoming Enterprise episode is not in fact the host of the Bob and Tom show - that is Tom Griswold. Bergeron instead was a guest on the radio show. The fault is of course all mine in completely reading over the different last names on the Bob and Tom site.
Secondly, right after posting that news item the server began to slow down immensely, so I decided to restart the server. Unfortunately, what I did instead was shut down the server - and as I then was away for about five hours, all the sites on the server were inaccessible during that time. My apologies for this, too.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
-Now that 'Dear Doctor' has aired: List the factual details revealed in the episode, talk about how 'Enterprise' is doing now it has reached the halfway mark of the first season, or talk about whether Kelly Waymire should become a regular cast member.
-Which Captain would have made a better Emissary than Sisko?
-In Science Fiction & Fantasy: What is the worst 'Buffy' season?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
Below are some of the most important headlines that appeared on TrekToday on Monday the 24th of January, 2000:
- First 'Professor X' Images - Ain't It Cool News posted the first image of Patrick Stewart as Professor X. At the same time, AICN also posted a rumour report on Series V, in which someone claimed the new Star Trek show would revolve around a group of Section 31 operatives who assimilate a Borg sphere. This obviously turned out to not be the case.
- Hypospray In Mass Production
Reuters reported that a company called PowderJect would be producting a Trek-like hypospray beginning in early 2002.
- Season Six On Dutch TV
I was ecstatic about the news that Dutch TV would start showing Voyager's season six in a few days, meaning we would be only a few days behind American TV. Of course, after that we had to wait two years for the seventh season, which only started showing this week in the Netherlands, so my enthusiasm was premature.
Below are the results of the most recent TrekToday poll:
,Thanks for voting! In the new poll, you're asked to rate yesterday's new episode, 'Dear Doctor'.,
Today's Television Listings
- TNN will be showing TNG's 'Menage a Troi' at 8:00pm Eastern Time and TNG's 'Darmok' at 11:30pm.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Orignal Series's 'Is There In Truth No Beauty' at 6:00pm Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series's 'Where No Man Has Gone Before' at 10:00am Eastern Time, repeated at 2:00pm, TNG's 'Remember Me' at 3:00pm, DS9's 'The Circle' at 4:00pm and Voyager's 'Meld' at 5:00pm, repeated at 10:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing Voyager's 'Flashback' at 17:00 GMT, repeated at 00:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Australia, TV1 will be showing TNG's 'Sarek' at 00:00. Thanks go out to the Australian Babylon 5 & Star Trek air schedule!
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- TNN will be showing TNG's 'Transfigurations' at 8:00pm Eastern Time, 'Pen Pals' at 9:00pm, 'Imaginary Friend' at 10:00pm, and 'Ensign Ro' at 11:00pm.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series's 'Spectre of the Gun' at 6:00pm Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series's 'The Naked Time' at 10:00am and at 2:00pm Eastern Time, TNG's 'Legacy' at 3:00pm, DS9's 'The Siege' at 4:00pm, and Voyager's 'Dreadnought' at 5:00pm and 10:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, E4 will be showing the Original Series's 'A Piece of the Action' at 14:00 and at 18:00 GMT, while Sky One will be showing Voyager's 'False Profits' at 17:00 and at midnight. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing Voyager's 'Friendship One' at 20:15 CET.
- In Australia, TV1 will be showing TNG's 'Menage a Troi' at 0:00, and Voyager's 'Meld' at 01:00, 10:00 and 19:30. Thanks go out to the Australian Babylon 5 & Star Trek air schedule!