News BulletsBy Michelle
December 23, 2003 - 1:31 AM
- SFX, the British science fiction magazine, has reviewed the last four televised series three episodes of Enterprise in its December issue with the headline , "Star Trek: Enterprise actually gets good!", awarding "Twilight" and "North Star" four stars out of five and "Similitude" five, describing the latter as "displaying all the best traditional values of Trek". The magazine also has an interview with writer Manny Coto. Thanks to Stephen.
- Leonard Nimoy (Spock) will appear with William Shatner (Kirk) in a new joint ad spot for Shatner's long-time commercial interest Priceline tentatively scheduled to begin airing the week of January 19th. It is not yet known whether Nimoy will sing. Thanks to Tracey.
- Psi Phi reported that Shatner's newest Star Trek book, Star Trek: Captain's Glory, will be released in hardcover by Pocket Books in early 2005. The site also has an excerpt from Shatner's current release Captain's Blood.
- In addition, Psi Phi announced tentative titles for A.C. Crispin's upcoming trilogy of sequels to Yesterday's Son and Time For Yesterday: Return to Yesterday, Yesterday's Vulcan and Yesterday's Destiny. The cover artwork for 2004 and 2005's Worlds of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine trilogy are up as well.
- The latest installment of Bakology, which chronicles the career of Scott Bakula (Captain Archer), has been uploaded, including video, audio and print downloads of the actor's Tony-nominated performance in Romance/Romance.
- TrekZone.de reports that Germany's SAT.1 has stopped airing the second season of Enterprise due to low ratings that are no longer acceptable. Thanks to Captain Proton.
- A new web page for fans, Memory Alpha, has launched to allow fans to edit and contribute to a new "Wikipedia."
- Star Trek United Federation of Planets reports that the Star Trek: Voyager DVDs released in Region 2 in the UK will arrive on May 24th, 2004 and will feature a brand new interview with Kate Mulgrew (Captain Janeway).
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.