Site ColumnsBy Caillan
December 23, 2001 - 12:07 PM
The fridge is crammed full of so much food I think it might burst. Trouble is, it's all for the big day and there's nothing else to eat except for Coco Pops and cream cheese. (Okay, I did have an olive or four.)
According to the weather forecast, it's going to be 37 degrees here on Christmas Day, which means we may need to finally make use of that table in the pool. We're having a "mix 'n' match" Christmas lunch, with prawns, salad, ham, cheese, sausages and other assorted odds and ends. Who wants to be eating turkey and gravy when you feel like you're the one that's sitting in an oven?
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
- Will there ever be an Enterprise Christmas episode?
- Was there ever a plot twist that took you by surpirse?
- Who is your favourite Klingon from the Original Series?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
This was one of the most interesting news items on December 23, 1999:
- Tim Allen On Shatner
Tim Allen, star of the sci-fi spoof movie 'Galaxy Quest' talked about how he drew inspiration from William Shatner. "There were moments," he said. "And I hate to admit it because he'll probably sue me or something. Like when I walk around the chair. He always did that. He never even looks at the chair. I hit my ass on this corner [of my chair] more times. And he just sat right in his. It was super-fun because they made the set like the Cadillac of space ships."
More news can be found in the archives.
Below are the results of the most recent TrekToday poll:
,Thanks for voting! Please participate in our new poll, which asks you to name your favourite Trek episode of 2001.,
Today's Television Listings
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Enterprise episode 'Unexpected' at 8:00 p.m eastern time.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will show the DS9 episodes 'The Collaborator' at 14:00, 'Tribunal' at 15:00, and 'The Jem'Hadar' at 16:00 GMT. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series's 'Is There In Truth No Beauty?' at 10:00am Eastern Time with a repeat at 2:00pm, TNG's 'The Defector' at 3:00pm, DS9's 'Emissary, Part I' at 4:00pm and Voyager's 'Emanations' at 5:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing Voyager's 'Twisted' at 17:00 GMT. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this! Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In the Netherlands, NET5 will be showing Voyager's 'Alter Ego' at 18:30 CET. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this! Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
- In Australia, Channel 9 will be showing TNG's 'In Theory' at 23:30. Thanks go out to the Australian Babylon 5 & Star Trek air schedule! Thanks go out to the Australian Babylon 5 & Star Trek air schedule