Gaming BulletsBy Christian
December 23, 2000 - 11:52 PM
- Interplay's new 'Starfleet Command II - Empires At War' was reviewed on Gamespot by Bruce Geryk, who thought the game was "really, really good", but also far too similar to the also "really, really good" original, making this game only worthy of a 7.7 grade.
- David Kurtz at GamesDomain has only put up his early impressions so far, complaining mostly about the many bugs in the original release, and recommending to wait until more patches have been realised before buying the game.
- Details on the latest of these patches are now available on A Talent For War, though as I write this the page isn't loading. According to the news item on Blue's, the patch is currently only available via the in-game updater, and enables the Dynaverse II multiplayer side of the game.
- The Christmas season's other new Trek game, 'DS9: The Fallen', was reviewed at Game Revolution. Grading it with a B+, reviewer Brian thought the game had great level design and graphics, but the sound left a bit to be desired.
- Mike Cymbor at the 3D Gaming Daily awarded the DS9 game a rating of 4 out of 5. According to Cymbor, 'The Fallen' offered him the most complete package of all the action-adventure games he'd ever played, but some areas could have been improved to make this a 5-star game.
- And finally, Swankygames has a review of 'Voyager: Elite Force', in which Matt Lestock awards the game a rating of 3.5 out of 5.
- PCShooter.com has a new interview with Raven's Mike Gummelt and Kenn Hoekstra, talking about the success 'Elite Force' had.
- Sci-Fi Gaming has an interview with Totally Games, the developer of the upcoming 'Bridge Commander' game.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.