News BulletsBy Caillan
August 23, 2003 - 7:44 AM
- Louise Fletcher (Kai Winn)'s Manna From Heaven, which stars several other Academy Award winners including Shirley Jones and Cloris Leachman, will open in limited release in Toronto and several U.S. cities in the next several weeks. Click here for theatres and dates.
- Michael Piller's The Dead Zone has been renewed for a third season, according to Yahoo! news.
- Psi Phi has updated UPN's rerun schedule. "First Flight" and "Cease Fire" will air together on August 27th, while "Bounty" and "The Expanse" will air on September 3rd.
- IGN's FilmForce reports that Star Trek: Nemesis scriptwriter John Logan is working on a Warner Brothers project called Last Ride West for Clint Eastwood to produce, direct and star.
- Mirrors of the latest Enterprise season three promo can be found at StarTrek.com and UPN. Thanks to Doug Wilson for this!
- Wil Wheaton (Wesley Crusher) will be signing copies of his new book, Dancing Barefoot, at Ralph's Comic Corner, in Ventura, CA, from 12-3 p.m. today. Thanks to 'wollem' for this!
- SciFi.com is currently running a shadow Hugo Awards poll. Two Enterprise episodes, "A Night In Sickbay" and "Carbon Creek", are up for Best Dramatic Presentation, Short Form. Thanks to 'Xenoclone' for this!
- Psi Phi reports that the hardback edition of New Frontier's Stone and Anvil will contain a CD-ROM with all New Frontier stories published prior to 2003.
- Bravo will be airing The Desilu Story: The Rags to Riches Success of the Desilu Empire at 9:00 p.m. this Sunday. The documentary charts the rise of Desi Arnaz and Lucille Ball's studio, which produced the original Star Trek series. Further information can be found here.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.