Site ColumnsBy Lisa
July 23, 2001 - 1:27 PM
The most wonderful individual on the planet is StarMan, one of the great moderators of the Enterprise Forum at Trek BBS.
Why? Because his early Trek BBS career was blighted by spamming, flaming, and generally being annoying. And yet, like the fairy tale of the ugly duckling, he bloomed into a rather smashing Kiwi.
You lucky people are getting a break from me for a while. After a weekend spent tweaking the Trek BBS Policy, I need a break. I'm off to Blackpool with a load of friends to the Voyager the Return convention in Blackpool.
If you see a blonde bouncy individual wearing a J Team badge do say hello. That will be me. Now I'm off to start packing.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
- Pick a theme song for trek characters.
-Are you going to the Voyager Convention in Blackpool in England at the weekend?
-Join the countdown to Enterprise.
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
Below is a selection of headlines from Trek Today on Friday July 23rd 1999:
- Robert Duncan McNeill Chat Report
The Tom Paris actor took part in a live chat at the official star trek site. He was 30 minutes late for the chat, because filming on that week's episode ran overtime. On the relationship between Paris and Torres, he said " I think that they tried to get away from it being a soapopera thing, but I don't think they're getting away from it. We're still very active physically, so I don't think we have any problems there."
Rick Berman spoke to the LA Times about multiculturalism in Trek. "When I first came into this franchise 12 years ago, I knew I was getting involved with something that was based on a vision of the future that had cultural diversity as a tent pole. Carrying on in that tradition was a natural progression for me."
More headlines fromt hat day can be found in our July 1999 archive.
Today is the 63st birthday of Ronny Cox, who guest starred as Captain Jellico in TNG's 'Chain of Command.' Yesterday was the 65th birthday of Louise Fletcher, better known as Kai Winn.
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing will be showing a host of original series episodes. 11:00 a.m Eastern Time will see the showing of 'Obsession,' followed by 'Devil in the Dark' at 12:00 p.m. 'Arena' is at 1:00 p.m, 'A Private Little War' at 2:00 p.m, 'The Trouble with Tribbles' at 3:00 p.m and 'What are Little Girls Made of?' at 5:00 p.m.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing The original series episode 'Court Marshal' at 10:00 a.m Eastern Time, repeated at 4:00 p.m. The Next Generation's 'The Outcast' will be at 12:00 p.m. Voyager's 'Extream Risk' will be shown at 10:00 p.m.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will show the Next Generation's 'Remember me' at 17:00 GMT. BBC 2 will show Voyager's 'Pathfinder' at 18:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing The Next Generation episode 'Die Macht der Paragraphen' at 16:00 ECT.
- In the Netherlands, RLT 5 will be showing DS9's 'Time's Orphan' at 18:00 ECT. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!