Gaming BulletsBy Christian
April 23, 2001 - 2:46 PM
- The 3DGamesZone has posted another 8 screenshots from the upcoming expansion pack to 'Voyager: Elite Force,' currently in development at Raven Software.
- 'Elite Force' lead programmer James Monroe has been interviewed at EF Mod Central. Monroe talks about the 'Virtual Voyager' mode to be included in the expansion, the map editor, and the upcoming Doom3 game.
- Chuck Osborn at the Daily Radar has posted a new preview of the upcoming DS9 game 'Dominion Wars.' "From our quick peek, we're expecting good things from Dominion Wars this May. We won't tell anyone it's a Star Trek game if you won't."
- The recent 'Star Trek: Away Team' has been reviewed on Electric Games, who awarded the game 3.5 (out of 5) stars. "I have mixed feelings about this game. On one hand, it is actually quite entertaining. The missions are fun to play through and the familiar Star Trek races, positions, and tools are well done. However, brute force gets you through too much of the game, and that is something Star Trek isn't about. There is limited use for stealth, and diplomacy isn't an option. The levels are too illogically laid-out. I still had fun with the game, but it could use some restructuring in order to live up to the full potential of its license."
- A slightly lower rating is awarded to the game at MPOG, where Kevin Jenkins gives 'Away Team' 3 out of 4 stars. Jenkins concludes that if you have $50 to spend and like Star Trek, the game might be worth the money, but says there are better games out there.
- And finally, James Wink at Gone Gold awarded the game a rating of 70%, as many other reviewers saying it had great potential but just isn't good enough.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.