Site ColumnsBy Amy
March 23, 2001 - 6:08 PM
Today, I feel, marks the end of an era in many respects. Today, of course, Mir ended 15 years in orbit with a spectacular re-entry into the atmosphere at around 2pm Perth time. Despite the fears of many Pacific nations, the re-entry was a close to textbook (though it didn’t hit the Taco Bell target). It was certainly nice to see the old girl go out with such grace and even beauty. Corny though it is to say it, Mir, I salute you.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
Two years ago today, Tuesday, March 24 1999, these were some of the TrekToday headlines:
- René Auberjonois Chats At Psi: Actor René Auberjonois (Odo) reportedly made an appearance at the Psi Phi message board. His first post was in reaction to an earlier post that talked about a picture of him and his wife.
- Insurrection Drops To 47th Place: In North America, 'Star Trek: Insurrection' has fallen to the 47th place in the Daily Variety Box Office Chart for the past weekend. Over the weekend, Insurrection grossed $92,335, which was 60% less than the previous week. As the number of screens on which the movie was shown dropped from 411 to 135, this isn't all too surprising. In all probability, this was the movie's last week in the top 60, after having accumulated a total domestic gross of $70,118,044.
Today's Television Listings
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the original series episode, 'Whom Gods Destroy' at 5pm.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing Voyager's 'Prime Factors' at 4am, DS9's 'The Seige of AR-552' at 5am, the original series episode 'Spock's Brain' at 10am (repeat at 4pm), TNG's 'First Born' at 12pm, DS9's 'Covenant' at 5pm and Voyager's 'State of Flux' at 10pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will air DS9's 'Broken Link' at 17:00 (repeat at 02:00). Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing Voyager's 'Das Geistervolk' ('Spirit Folk') at 20:15.
- In the Netherlands, Veronica will be showing DS9's 'Doctor Bashir, I Presume' at 17:15 while NET5 will screen Voyager's 'The 37's' at 18:40 CET. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
- In Australia, Pay TV channel TV1 will be showing DS9's 'If Wishes were Horses' at 7:30pm. Thanks go out to the Australian Babylon 5 & Star Trek air schedule
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- In Canada, Space! will be showing Voyager's 'State of Flux' at 4am (repeat at 1pm), DS9's 'Covenant' 5am (repeat at 12pm), TOS's 'The Enterprise Incident' at 10am and TNG's 'Bloodlines' at 11am.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing Voyager's 'Drone' at 06:00 (repeat at 16:00), DS9's 'Apocalypse Rising' at 14:00, 'The Ship' at 15:00 and Voyager's 'Extreme Risk' at 17:00, while BBC2 will screen original series episode 'Who Mourns For Adonais?' at 18:30. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing the original series episode, 'Das Spinnennetz' ('The Tholian Web') at 14:00 (repeat at 01:20) and Voyager's 'Verborgene Bilder' ('Latent Image') at 15:00.
- In the Netherlands, BBC2 will show original series episode, 'Who Mourns for Adonais?' at 19:30. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
- In Australia, pay tv channel TV one will show original series episode 'Errand of Mercy' at 8pm and DS9's 'The Forsaken' at 10pm. Thanks go out to the Australian Babylon 5 & Star Trek air schedule