Site ColumnsBy Caillan
January 23, 2002 - 8:17 AM
I hate the Internet. I really do. All this wonderful stuff for sale at my fingertips. Things that I really, really want - but don't need. Nor should I buy these things if I want to be able to pay my Student Guild Fees.
Today's Tempting Item: Frasier Script Book
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
- Has Enterprise's prequel premise been handled well so far?
- Do you love or hate Grand Nagus Zek?
- What should Enterprise's mission statement be?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
January 23 2000 was a slow news day, so here's some news from January 22 that wasn't mentioned yesterday:
- Mo(o)re Interviews
Anna L. Kaplan posted two more parts of her exclusive interview with former Trek writer-producer Ronald D. Moore. In these segements, he gave his thoughts on Star Trek: Voyager:
At its heart, VOYAGER secretly wishes it was NEXT GENERATION. If you really get down to it, VOYAGER on some level just wishes it was NEXT GEN. It really wants to be back in the Alpha Quadrant: 'Just let us be normal STAR TREK.'
- 'Memorial' UPN Synopsis
UPN released its official synopsis of the upcoming Voyager episode 'Memorial':
When Chakotay, Paris and other crewmen arrive back from a two-week planetary exploration, they each succumb to horrid flashbacks depicting the wartime extermination of Nakan colonists, an occurrence in which they are involved. When Janeway and other crew members begin to fall victim to the same malaise, she retraces the team's shuttle route in search of answers - while hoping that her worst fears of the crew's involvement in war crimes are not proven.
- Tennis Star To Appear On 'Voyager'
A Yahoo! sports article reported that tennis player Jan-Michael Gambill had been offered a guest spot on Star Trek: Voyager. To the best of this writer's recollection, he never actually appeared in a speaking role on the series, although he may have been a background extra.
More news can be found in the archives.
Today's Television Listings
- At 8:00pm (7:00pm Central), UPN will be showing the Enterprise episode 'Dear Doctor'. Here's how the official site describes the episode:
The crew discovers a new planet with two races, one in desperate need of medical and scientific assistance. In the course of trying to help, Dr. Phlox recalls his own Denobulan past to address the ethical dilemmas that arise in the present.
More information can be found in the Trek Nation episode guide.
- TNN will be showing the Next Generation episodes 'Sarek' at 8:00 p.m and 'Redemption, Part II' at 11:00 p.m.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series episode 'And the Children Shall Lead' at 6:00 p.m.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series episode 'Charlie X' at 10:00 a.m and 2:00 p.m eastern time, with TNG's 'Suddenly Human' at 3:00 p.m, DS9's 'The Homecoming' at 4:00 p.m and Voyager's 'Threshold' at 5:00 p.m.
- In the United Kingdom, E4 will show the Original Series episode 'The Trouble with Tribbles' at 14:00 and 18:00 GMT. Sky One will show Voyager's 'Basics, Part one' at 17:00. BBC2 will show TNG's 'Skin of Evil' at 18:45. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Australia, Thanks go out to the Australian Babylon 5 & Star Trek air schedule!
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- TNN will be showing TNG's 'Menage a Troi' at 8:00pm Eastern Time and TNG's 'Darmok' at 11:30pm.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Orignal Series's 'Is There In Truth No Beauty' at 6:00pm Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series's 'Where No Man Has Gone Before' at 10:00am Eastern Time, repeated at 2:00pm, TNG's 'Remember Me' at 3:00pm, DS9's 'The Circle' at 4:00pm and Voyager's 'Meld' at 5:00pm, repeated at 10:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing Voyager's 'Flashback' at 17:00 GMT, repeated at 00:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Australia, TV1 will be showing TNG's 'Sarek' at 00:00. Thanks go out to the Australian Babylon 5 & Star Trek air schedule!