News BulletsBy Michelle
October 22, 2004 - 8:51 PM
- The Danish Star Trek Championship, organized by the Danish Star Trek Society at the Royal Veterinary and Agricultural College on October 23rd, aims to find the person in Denmark who knows most about Star Trek. The championship is open to everyone and there is no charge for for taking part or watching.
- Sci Fi Wire posted a brief interview with Scott Bakula (Captain Archer) in which he said Archer has "come far in the last three seasons with all of the catastrophes and challenges that he had last year."
- TrekWeb reports that in next week's print edition of TV Guide, Brent Spiner (Data) said that he thinks his upcoming guest appearance on Enterprise "asks big questions about embryo research and violence genes and what makes a murderer - the kind of issues Gene Roddenberry loved." He also said he felt like the old man on the set.
- This week's Canadian edition of TV Guide has a cover story on must-see science fiction series including Enterprise. Thanks to Alex.
- George Takei (Sulu) said in a chat at USA Today that he feels fan interest in Star Trek may be waning, but he would be happy to appear on Enterprise if asked. He encouraged fans to write to the studio if they wanted to see him on the show.
- CNN reports that William Shatner (Captain Kirk) is among more than 7,000 people who have told Richard Branson they would gladly pay over $200,000 for a trip aboard the spacecraft he is planning to build.
- Shatner will also join the Heinz Pours It On For Charity auction of Heinz Ketchup's Celebrity Talking Label Bottles on Sunday, October 24th at Sotheby's in New York City.
- The Los Angeles Times has a new article on Shatner and his album "Has Been". Thanks to Jackie.
- Save Enterprise will host a live chat with Star Trek: Enterprise's Dan Curry and is soliciting questions.
- BookTrek.tk will host a chat with novelist Keith R.A. DeCandido on October 30th at 4 p.m. GMT, 11 a.m. EST.
- Monkee has reviewed "Storm Front, Part Two". So does Trek Remembered.
- Trekpulse has posted DVD screencaps from The Next Generation episodes "The Offspring", "Sins of the Father", "Allegiance", "Captain's Holiday" and "Tin Man".
- Sci-Fi Heaven is giving visitors a chance to win Star Trek: Voyager: The Complete Fourth Season and Star Trek: The Complete Second Season on Region 2 DVD.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.