News BulletsBy Lisa
August 22, 2001 - 1:36 PM
- The Comics Continuum has posted the cover image of Wildstorm's new Voyager anthology, 'Encounters with the Unknown.' The collection will feature the 'False Colours', 'Voyager Elite Force' and 'Avalon Rising' one-shots, and the 'Planet Killer' mini-series.
- A review of James Darren's (Vic Fontaine) new CD 'Because of You' is available online at livelyset.net. The detailed review includes a track listing and details of Darren's career.
- 'Because of You' entered the Billboard Jazz Charts last week at number 6, and its release spurred a renewed interest in the earlier 'This One's From the Heart,' which reentered the charts at number 13. Thanks to Michael Fijolek for this!
- The second part of Monkee's Voyager Series Review has been posted. Monkee lists her favourite - and least favourite episodes from the series.
So, there you have it. You may not agree with me - in fact, your list of top 30 episodes may be very different, but that's the beauty of it, right? We love the episodes that we love for reasons of our own. There's no denying, however, that Voyager turned out some exceptional hours of television entertainment over the years. I can wish that they had made more of an effort to tell an overall story, but I have to say that these individual episodes, and some of the others, gave me a lot of joy.
The full analysis can be found here at Monkee's Reviews.
- Last night's 'Tonight Show with Jay Leno' featured an Enterprise reference. In his opening monologue, Leno commented that an alien on Enterprise, he called 'Draleks,' would have 3 breasts. And then he said something like, "Ladies, you thought it was hard to get a man to look you into the eye before..." Thanks to Michael Kukielka for spotting this!
- BakulaNews notes that there are new screen shots of Scott Bakula (Jonathan Archer) from the UPN Enterprise promos online at the Pot Pie.
- The Jeri Ryan Homepage reports that Ryan's first proffesional acting job, a guest appearance on 'Who's the Boss?,' will be airing on Fox Family on Saturday August 25.