Site ColumnsBy Caillan
August 22, 2001 - 10:42 AM
I started fiddling around with some of the pre-set sound sittings on my computer today, just to see what sort of effect they'd have. I discovered that they produced some strange sounds - to say the least.
The 'rock' setting was perhaps the most disconcerting, as every single music beat was punctauted by what can roughly be desrcibed as a "boom-boom" bass-type sound. Only this wasn't good bass - it was a hollow, off-putting sound that sounded more like a heart-beat than anything else.
Needless to say, I turned it off, lest it ruin this afternoon's 'Wherever You Will go' worship session. For those of you have been living under a rock for the last month or so - that's the really cool song by The Calling in the Enterprise promos. If you go to the band's website, they've even got a music video of the song to download. And for those of you as equally obsessed as I am, you can get The Calling's album from Amazon.com, which contains several other really cool songs - my current favourite is 'Things Don't Always Turn Out That Way.'
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
- What would you like to see in the DS9 novel relaunch?
- Do you prefer script or prose fanfic?
- What 5 Voyager episodes would you take to a deserted island?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
These were some of the major news headlines on August 22nd, 1999:
- Domain Broker Registers 'Flight Academy'
Describing it as the title of the next Star Trek series, domain name company Keith Malley registered StarTrekFlightAcademy.com. However, this was not a premise considered by Rick Berman and Brannon Braga in creating the next series - which turned out to be Enterprise.
- TrekToday 6 months old!
Two years ago, TrekToday celebrated its first half year of operations! By way of celebration, Christian's computer promptly broke down.
More news can be found in the archives.
Today's Television Listings
- At 8:00pm (7:00pm Central), UPN will be showing Voyager's 'Friendship One.' Here's a synopsis of the episode:
A misguided decision on Earth circa 2067 sends destruction to an alien planet in the form of nuclear radiation. Although Janeway believes they can reverse the effects for the few who remain, she is halted by their hostility and distrust for all things from Earth.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing The Original Series's 'Return To Tomorrow' at 10:00am, with a repeat at 4:00pm, TNG's 'The Chase' at 12:00pm, DS9's 'Accession' at 5:00pm and Voyager's 'Relativity' at 10:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be screening TNG's 'Redemption' at 17:00 GMT, with a repeat at 00:00. BBC2 will be showing DS9's 'The Changing Face Of Evil' at 18:45. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing TNG's 'Botschafter Sarek' ('Sarek') at 16:00 CET.
- In the Netherlands, RTL5 will be showing DS9's 'Strange Bedfellows' at 18:00 CET. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
- In Australia, TV1 will be showing The Original Series's 'The Corbomite Maneuver' at 11:30pm. Channel 9 will be showing Voyager's 'Warhead' at 12:00pm. Thanks go out to the Australian Babylon 5 & Star Trek air schedule
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- Unfortunately, we are unable to bring you the Sci-Fi channel listings due to a problem with the official Star Trek site.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing The Original Series's 'Patterns Of Force' at 10:00am, with a repeat at 4:00pm, TNG's 'Frame Of Mind' at 12:00pm, DS9's 'Rules Of Engagement' at 5:00pm and Voyager's 'Warhead' at 10:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be screening TNG's 'Redemption, Part II' at 17:00 GMT, with a repeat at 00:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing TNG's 'Die Damen Troi' ('Menage a Troi') at 16:00 CET.
- In the Netherlands, RTL5 will be showing DS9's 'The Changing Face Of Evil' at 18:00 CET. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
- In Australia, TV1 will be showing The Original Series's 'The Menagerie, Part I' at 11:30pm. Thanks go out to the Australian Babylon 5 & Star Trek air schedule