News BulletsBy Christian
August 22, 2000 - 9:35 PM
- 'Tripping the Rift', the animated Star Trek / Star Wars spoof, featuring the voice of Terry Farrell (Jadzia Dax) as 'Six of One' and recently winning the Playboy cartoons contest, will have its broadcast premiere on the Sci-Fi Channel tomorrow at 10:00pm Eastern Time.
- A little earlier than usual, Michelle Erica Green at Another Universe has put up a new edition of 'Hailing Frequencies', her weekly Star Trek column. This week, there's the usual news round-up, as well as a review of the new DS9 Companion.
- Decipher, the publisher of the official Star Trek Customisable Card Game, has posted some important information regarding their 'The Trouble With Tribbles' expansion set. Apparently there were a few minor errors during the printing of the set, such as the booster pack display box saying there are 36 packs in each display, while there are in fact 30, and a few Star Wars CCG cards ending up between the Trek cards.
- And the Decipher page has two more Trek-related news bits: they're reporting that Evan Lorentz, who used to be responsible for answering questions about the CCG, has moved on to another position at Decipher. Questions will now be handled by Kathy McCracken.
- And in today's final CCG news item, there's a new edition of Radio Free Decipher, talking to the Star Trek, Star Wars and Young Jedi CCG champions from the recent North American Continental Championship.
- Totally Kate! is reporting that Kate Mulgrew (Kathryn Janeway) will be a keynote speaker at the California Governor's Conference for Women, entitled 'Celebrate the Past, Create the Future'. The conference will be held on the 12 of October at the Long Beach, CA, Convention Center, and Mulgrew will be speaking in the closing session at 5:10-5:50p.m.
- The official Jeri Lynn Ryan Homepage is reporting that Jeri Ryan (Seven of Nine) and her voice are among the nominees in a competition organised by business messaging service provider Blue Silicon, organised to find the voice for the company's Extended Enterprise Messaging service. You can vote for Jeri Ryan in the company's online survey.
- The official William Shatner Connection has printed a letter from the Covenant House California, announcing William Shatner (James T. Kirk) will be presented a Distinguished Achievement Award on the 15th of September, for his efforts as a role model helping to improve the lives of children who are disabled, blind, abused, terminally ill, or homeless.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.