Site ColumnsBy Lisa
June 22, 2001 - 8:16 PM
I've had one of those days. It feels like I've spent most of the day in a queue.
Woke up this morning. Had to wait for someone else in the bathroom. Shuffled off to doctor's appointment, and predictably, got into a queue. Clutching my Hayfever-busting prescription, I got into another at the pharmacy. And then another at the supermarket where I went to grab some lunch.
I came home to call my ISP, to end up in a seemingly endless phone queue. To make matters worse, the "on hold" music was some vile early 90's Euro-Rave stuff.
Thankfully tomorrow, I should be in a queue of a slightly different nature. I'm off to a barbecue.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
-Why not come join us in the new Trek Nation Chatroom?
-If not on UPN where should Enterprise be shown?
-Who would you like to mind-meld with?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
Below are a selection of the most important headlines from TrekToday on Thursday June 22, 1999:
- Berman Talks Trek's Future
Star Trek Executive Producer Rick Berman was interviewed by The Star Trek Communicator:
The next film has not been planned significantly enough to say that it will definately not be a Next Generation movie. I can't imagine that it will take more than a couple of years to get another film in production. I don't think the fans have to worry about not getting another Star Trek movie and I think they're going to get another Star Trek series in the couple of years. We are in development on it now. The new series is going to be substantially different from what we've seen. My instincts tell me that the new series will come before the next film.Two years later, we know that the next Trek Movie will indeed feature the TNG cast, and is set to start shooting this Autumn. Shortly before filming on Trek X starts, series V is due to premier on UPN as Enterprise.
- Patrick Stewart Attends Film Openings
The Captain Picard actor was seen attending some high profile fim showings including 'Disney's Tarzan' and 'Austin Powers II.' You can find a great phot of Stewart at the Tarzan premier, with Brian Blessed here.
Today is the 45rd birthday of Tim Russ, who is of course best known for his role of Tuvok on Voyager. Before that, Russ also appeared on the Next Generation, Deep Space Nine and the 'Generations' movie. Find his full biography here!
Today's Television Listings
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing The Original Series's 'The Tholian Web' at 5:00pm Eastern Time.
- We are unable to bring you the TV listings in Canada due to a problem on the Space! website. We apologise for this inconvenience.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing TNG's 'The Vengeance Factor' at 17:00 GMT, with a repeat at 00:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing TNG's 'Illusion oder Wirklichkeit?' ('Where Silence Has Lease') at 16:00 ECT. Voyager's 'Unvollkommenheit' ('Imperfection') will be shown at 20:15.
- In the Netherlands, Ned2 will be showing Voyager's '11:59' at 17:05 ECT. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series episode 'Elaan of Troyius' at 10:00 a.m Easstern Time. This will be followed by the Next Generation's 'The Wounded' at 11:a.m. DS9'd 'The Search, Part One' will be shown at 12:00 p.m, followed by Voyager's 'Scientific Method' at 1:00 p.m.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing Deep Space Nine's 'Favour the Bold' at 14:00 GMT. This will be followed by DS9's 'Sacrifice of Angels' at 15:00. Voyager's 'Parallax' will be shown at 16:00, followed by 'Time and Again' at 17:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing the Original Series episode 'Seit es Menschen gibt' at 14:00 ECT. Voyager's '23 Uhr 59' is at 15:00.
- We are unable to provide listings for the Netherlands due to problems with the StarTrek.nl site.