News BulletsBy Michelle
May 22, 2005 - 11:10 PM
- Newsday reports that William Shatner hosts five countdown hours of "100 Greatest One-Hit Wonders" today from 5-10 p.m. on VH1.
- James Spader told talk show host Conan O'Brien (via Contact Music) that he had recently filmed a bedroom scene with Shatner for Boston Legal; he described how Shatner smells and added, "After we finished the scene, he sort of was dealing with me in a very different way than he had before...and he spoke in a different tone, a sort of closer tone - pillow talk."
- John Billingsley (Phlox) and Chase Masterson (Leeta) have both confimed they will join Trek to the Troops.
- On a recent visit to Israel, Leonard Nimoy (Spock) told the newspaper Ha'Aretz that he was no longer interested in acting. At a press conference attended by members of Starbase 972, he also said that he believed Gene Roddenberry would have been the happiest man on Earth if he had known that Star Trek would last for nearly 40 years.
- On May 17th, the day Frank Gorshin died, his 2003 Batman TV movie Return to the Batcave was released on DVD in North America. Also in the cast is Enterprise's Corporal McKenzie, Julia Rose, playing a young Julie Newmar, and Newmar herself (Eleen) also appears. Thanks to Alex.
- Film Score Monthly reports that the rejected Jerry Goldsmith score for the 1988 film Alien Nation will be released next week. The same publication also notes that Star Trek is included in AFI's list of suggestions for its upcoming top 100 best film scores.
- Pro Wrestling Insider noted that the WWE did not send any representatives to the UPN upfront presentations and expressed displeasure with UPN's decision to move WWE Smackdown! into Enterprise's former time slot on Friday nights.
- Deutscher StarTrek-Index has a review of the Enterprise first season box set.
- SyFy Portal responds to sci-fi novelist Orson Scott Card's recent Trek-bashing.
- The Star Trek fan series Tales of the Seventh Fleet will release its latest episode tomorrow, Monday, May 23rd. Entitled "Upgrade", the main story involves a plot to kill the crew.
- New Voyager screen caps are available at TrekPulse.
- Sev Trek has announced the winning punchline in the latest contest.
- Sci-Fi Heaven is giving away two sets of Star Trek: Voyager season seven and the Star Trek: First Contact special edition on Region 2 DVD.
- The DVD of the Galileo 7 Convention in Neuss, Germany 2004 is now available.
- There is a review of the I.K.S. Gorkon novel Enemy Territory by Keith R.A. DeCandido at TrekWeb.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.