Site ColumnsBy Lisa
May 23, 2002 - 1:24 AM
I think its time I faced facts. I am just not good at Civilisation III.
I'm fine at the start. I can build my cities and set them up nicely. The hard part comes in when the other civilisations make such ridiculous proposals and declare was on me when I refuse to accept. I mean, who would be stupid enough to trade technology upgrades for a lousy world map? Sheesh. Then they declare war on me, and all the other civilisations get pulled into it because of stupid mutual protection pacts and they proceed to nick all my strategic cities. And this is the easy difficulty setting. Humpf.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
-Share your Trek urban legends.
-How many actors have played several characters on Trek?
-Revisit the Original Series episode 'The Man Trap'.
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Today's Television Listings
- At 8:00pm (7:00pm Central), UPN will be showing the Enterprise first-season finale, entitled 'Shockwave'. Here's how the official site describes the episode:
Starfleet orders Enterprise to return home when the crew seemingly causes the destruction of an alien planet they were exploring. Archer is visited by former crew member Daniels, who traveled through time to warn him that the Suliban are trying to sabotage Enterprise's mission, and the two travel through time to try to thwart the Suliban's plans.
Further information can be found in the Trek Nation episode guide.
- TNN will be showing TNG's 'Descent, Part I' at 8:00pm Eastern Time and 'Encounter at Farpoint, Part I' at 11:00pm.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series's 'Elaan of Troyius' at 6:00pm Eastern Time and 'All Our Yesterdays' at 7:00pm.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series's 'What Are Little Girls Made Of?' at 10:00am and 2:00pm Eastern Time, TNG's 'Parallels' at 3:00pm, DS9's 'Let He Who Is Without Sin...' at 4:00pm, and Voyager's 'Someone To Watch Over Me' at 5:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing TNG's 'Ship In A Bottle' at 16:00 GMT and Voyager's 'Initiations' at 17:00. BBC2 will be showing TNG's 'The Measure of a Man' at 18:45. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In the Netherlands, V8 will be showing TNG's 'The Masterpiece Society' at 18:00. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- TNN will be showing the Next Generation episodes 'Descent, Part II' at 8:00 p.m Eastern Time with 'Encounter at Farpoint, Part II' at 11:00 p.m.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series episodes 'Whom Gods Destroy' at 6:00 p.m Eastern Time, with 'This Side of Paradise' at 7:00 p.m.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series episode 'Miri' at 10:00 a.m and 2:00 p.m Eastern Time, with TNG's 'The Pegasus' at 3:00 p.m, DS9's 'Things Past' at 4:00 p.m, and Voyager's '11:59' at 5:00 p.m.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will show the Next Generation episode 'Aquiel' at 16:00 GMT, with Voyager's 'Non Sequitur' at 17:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!