News BulletsBy Christian
March 22, 2003 - 10:34 PM
- Today is the 72nd birthday of William Shatner. To celebrate this event and make clear "old age" is not a term that the Kirk actor feels is appropriate for him yet, Shatner has updated his official web site with an audio file featuring his memories of the stunt sessions he did on TJ Hooker. Also available is a new column by Shatner's daughter Lisabeth.
- Nana Visitor (Kira Nerys), John Billingsley (Phlox), LeVar Burton (Geordi La Forge) and Dominic Keating (Malcolm Reed) will be appearing in various Australian cities in June, 2003. Check out the full details at Photon Publishing.
- A transcript and screen captures from Kate Mulgrew's (Kathryn Janeway) recent appearance on E! News are now up at Totally Kate!.
- TrekZone.de has posted a report on a new German fan-made Trek movie.
- John de Lancie (Q) and Armin Shimerman (Quark) will be appearing at the Collectormania convention in the UK from May 2-5.
- Star Trek Nemesis has received mainly negative reviews in Sweden, with one critic saying "it's time to charge the batteries". Thanks to Csaba Perlenberg for this!
- The New York Times Fashion & Style section contains a report about a more than extended lunch session at the house of Ann Eysenring, a real estate agent for Sotheby's. Eysenring was joined in preparing food by Jeri Ryan (Seven of Nine), who has built up culinary experience after regularly volunteering at a Hollywood restaurant. "I've always wanted to be a cook," said Ryan. "If I weren't acting, I would go to culinary school in a heartbeat."
- Mary Linda Rapelye, who appeared as Irina in the Original Series episode "The Way To Eden," will soon start teaching an acting course for the Boothbay Civic Association. Information about the Maine-based event can be found in the Boothbay Register.
- TrekWeb reports that members of the official British Star Trek site recently received an eight-page fold-out booklet promoting the release of the Deep Space Nine DVDs. The first-season DVD set will be released in the UK on Monday.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.