Site ColumnsBy Amy
March 22, 2001 - 8:58 PM
I can tell you I was rather thrilled this evening when my flatmate, landlord and Alan (who had no obvious function for the evening but came along anyway) appeared on the doorstep this evening (well, not the doorstep - for obvious reasons they were able to let themselves in) and informed me that they were going to swap hard drives on two of the computers here. Well, that was fine - it was for my benefit, after all... only I was in the middle of doing the updates here. "It'll only take two hours" they assured me and, like a fool, I believed them. That was at roughly 8pm. By the time they were done ghosting, swapping the hardrives, swapping CD/DVD/CDRW drives, partitioning, installing RedHat Linux to dual boot with Windoze, considerably more than two hours had passed. I was no impressed, especially since I was hoping to use tonight to try to return to something resembling normal sleeping patterns. Well, that idea went out the airlock. Still, I suppose I can't complain too much (even if the CD burner was removed the *one night* - no joke - that I actually wanted to burn a cd) - after all, I no longer have to worry about drive space restrictions for a while - went from roughly 4 to somewhere in the region of 18GB. Now, if only the RAM could be bumped up too... Hell, why don't I ask for cable, ADSl or satellite while I'm at it?
Something I find strange, however, is that after over eight years of living in Australia, my body clock still insists that I should be living on US time. Unless I make the effort, I'll sleep through the day here and get out of bed sometime around 6pm - great for clubbing, the internet... and not much else.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
Two years ago today, Monday, March 22, these were some of the Trek Today headlines:
- More Final Chapter Info: Warp 11 recieved some new information on the DS9 final chapter - that Odo won't die but was going to be a 'changed' man and that Rom would become Grand Nagus in 'The Dogs of War'.
- DS9 Final Episode Title: The 'What You Leave Behind' title rumors for the final DS9 episode were confirmed.
- Get A Life Videos Online: The infamous Shatner 'Get a Life' sketch video clips made their way to the internet for the first time.
Below are the results of the most recent TrekToday poll:
,Thanks to everyone who voted! Our new poll asks the question, which character from the casting sheet you're most interested in.,
Today marks the 70th birthday of William Shatner, who of course played Captain James T. Kirk in the Original Series.
Today's Television Listings
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the original series episode, 'Elaan of Troyius' at 5pm.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing Voyager's 'Emanations' at 4am, DS9's 'Once More Into the Breach' at 5am, the original series episode 'Assignment: Earth' at 10am (repeat at 4pm), DS9's 'The Seige of AR-552' at 5pm and Voyager's 'Prime Factors' at 10pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will show DS9's 'Body Parts' at 17:00 (repeat at 23:30), while Sky Ciname One will show 'Star Trek II: The Wrath Of Khan' at 20:00 (repeat at 01:40). Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In the Netherlands, Veronica will be showing DS9's 'By Inferno's Light' at 17:50 while NET5 will screen Voyager's 'Learning Curve' at 18:40 CET. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
- In Australia, Pay Tv channel TV1 will show DS9's 'If Wishes were Horses' at 11pm. Thanks go out to the Australian Babylon 5 & Star Trek air schedule
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the original series episode, 'Whom Gods Destroy' at 5pm.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing Voyager's 'Prime Factors' at 4am, DS9's 'The Seige of AR-552' at 5am, the original series episode 'Spock's Brain' at 10am (repeat at 4pm), TNG's 'First Born' at 12pm, DS9's 'Covenant' at 5pm and Voyager's 'State of Flux' at 10pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will air DS9's 'Broken Link' at 17:00 (repeat at 02:00). Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing Voyager's 'Das Geistervolk' ('Spirit Folk') at 20:15.
- In the Netherlands, Veronica will be showing DS9's 'Doctor Bashir, I Presume' at 17:15 while NET5 will screen Voyager's 'The 37's' at 18:40 CET. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
- In Australia, Pay TV channel TV1 will be showing DS9's 'If Wishes were Horses' at 7:30pm. Thanks go out to the Australian Babylon 5 & Star Trek air schedule