News BulletsBy Caillan
January 22, 2003 - 10:26 AM
- Leonard Nimoy (Spock) and George Takei (Hikaru Sulu) will be featured on Florida radio show 'Interstellar Transmissions' at 7:00 p.m. Eastern Time on Friday, January 24th. Nichelle Nichols (Uhura) will appear on Friday, February 7th's show at the same time. Further details can be found at the show's web site.
- Bill Williams at TrekWeb has reviewed the Jake Sisko novel 'Rising Son.' Here's an excerpt from his analysis:
'Rising Son' is part spiritual odyssey, part rousing adventure, and a complex character study that may hit home with some readers – Jake’s decision to move forward with his life after losing his father speaks to many readers - including this one - who have experienced such a defining moment in their lives.
The book scored five out of five stars in the full review.
- Over at Library of the Prophets, Paul T. Semones has cast a critical eye over 'Mission Gamma #4: Hidden Evil.' "Suffice it to say that Lesser Evil leaves more new questions hanging than it answers old ones, and the answers it gives probably could not be more surprising," he wrote. The book scored an A minus grade in the complete analysis.
- Voting for this year's Psi Phi Awards has commenced and will continue until February 14. The awards honour the best in Star Trek books.
- C. A. Voigts at the Starfleet Library has uploaded her reviews of 'The Communicator' and 'Singularity', awarding them 3 and 4 stars, respectively.
- Jim Wright of Voyager reviews site Delta Blues is looking for a new host for the site. If you can help, contact him by email.
- ST-Nemesis.de is giving away two copies of the 'Star Trek Nemesis' soundtrack.