Site ColumnsBy Caillan
September 21, 2001 - 10:16 AM
Somehow, a submarine cable connecting China with the USA has been severed. This is not the first time it has happened. But it doesn't make it any less annoying. Because that cable is an integral part of Australia's Internet network.
Which meant that most of last night I sat staring at pages, waiting for them to load, before giving up in disgust and going off to play Civilization II. This morning there was an improvement, (ie: pages loaded) but it still takes forever to get places. Or more importantly, to download promos - for I had to get my hands on the latest Enterprise trailer.
I am pleased to report that I have now seen the promo (many times), and all is right in the world again. Except for that damn cable.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
- Have you ever found Trek scary?
- Was the documentary Trekkies myth or reality?
- Which Enterprise promo scene is your favourite?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
These were some of the most important headlines on September 21, 1999:
- Trek Celebrities At UCLA Course
The University Of California at Los Angeles ran a course entitled 'Producing a Series for Television Today - A Case Study Approach.' The cast study used was Star Trek, and many Trek celebrities and behind the scenes crew, such as Rick Berman, Peter Lauritson and Patrick Stewart participated.
- Patrick Stewart As Dr. Who?
Cinescape reported that Patrick Stewart (Jean-Luc Picard) was being considered for the role of the eponymous Doctor in a big screen version of Doctor Who. However, if this was anything but a rumour, it never came to fruition.
More news can be found in the archives.
Today's Television Listings
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series episode 'The Ultimate Computer' at 5:00 p.m Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series episode 'The Lights of Zetar' at 2:00 p.m Eastern Time, followed by the Next Generation episode 'Eye of the Beholder' at 3:00 p.m. DS9's ;For the Uniform' will be shown at 3:00 p.m followed by Voyager's 'Good Shepherd' at 4:00 p.m, repeated at 10:00 p.m.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will show the Next Generation episode 'Imaginary Friend' at 17:00 GMT. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In Germany, Sat.1 will be showing the Next Generation episode 'Der unbekannte Schatten' at 16:00 ECT.
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- In Canada, Space! will be showing The Original Series's 'The Lights Of Zetar' at 10:00pm Eastern Time, TNG's 'Eye Of The Beholder' at 11:00pm, DS9's 'For The Uniform' at 12:00pm, and Voyager's 'Good Shepherd' at 1:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing a DS9 episode at 14:00 GMT, DS9's 'A Man Alone' at 15:00 and Voyager's 'Elogium' at 16:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!