News BulletsBy Christian
September 21, 2000 - 11:09 PM
- Robert Duncan McNeill (Tom Paris) will be present at the 7th Annual Celebrity Server Dinner in Los Angeles, a fundraiser where many celebrities will serve as waiters. Tickets to the event, taking place in the Palm restaurant are $500 per person, which will benefit the City of Hope National Medical Center and the National Cancer Prevention Fund. Click here to read more about it. Thanks go out to Jeff 'Koganuts' Koga for this!
- Dr. Richard H. Green, technical advisor on the first three Star Trek films, has been named to the Board of Directors of Imaging Technologies Corporation, a company specialising in the development, manufacturing, licensing and distribution of high-quality digital imaging solutions. Click here to read their press release.
- According to an article by Steve Brennan at the Hollywood Reporter, Alex Proyas is currently developing a television series based on Philip Jose Farmer's 'Riverworld' series. When asked if the series might be compared to Star Trek, Proyas said: "I definitely see the similarities. In fact, I originally saw it as a modernistic version of 'Star Trek' after the year 2000. It is a big thing to live up to, and I hope we can achieve the quality that they had on 'Star Trek,' though I am not scared by the comparison."
- Yesterday's Voyager rerun of 'Life Line' earned UPN a 2.5 rating / 4 share, according to the Zap2it report. This was down from last week's 2.8/4, but the show still managed to easily beat a 'Felicity' rerun on the WB, which took in only a 1.6/2.
- Decipher has posted an official information page for 'Star Trek: Reflections', their upcoming best-of expansion set for the Star Trek Customisable Card Game.
- Tonight at 10:00pm, William Shatner (James T. Kirk) will be appearing on the CBS news show '48 Hours'. According to USA Today, on the show he mentions that he doesn't use PriceLine.com's service, which he promotes in TV ads, as he flies first class. Thanks go out to Mattthew Klaehn at Media Trek for this!
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.