Site ColumnsBy Caillan
July 21, 2002 - 1:45 PM
Never ever play games with children 10 or under. After much whining, this afternoon I was coerced into playing 'Guess Who?' which my brother had unearthed from the garage.
He cheated repeatedly by putting back all the cards he didn't like (such as the women, because there are far more men than women), and then deducing who I had by rifling through the leftover card pile.
Anxious to get my own back, throughout the next game I proceeded to answer every question with a lie. For some reason, he didn't seem to appreciate that. I wonder why.;)
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
- Would you see an animated Original Series feature film?
- Is 'Tapestry' better than 'The Inner Light'?
- Do you care about scientific errors?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Trek Two Years Ago
These were some of the major news items on July 21, 2000:
- New Episode Title Revealed
The official site reported that the next Voyager episode to go before the cameras would be 'Critical Care.' In the episode, the Doctor's program is stolen from Voyager and he is forced to work on a large hospital ship.
- Frakes Talks Star Trek X
Jonathan Frakes (William Riker) said he might not be able to direct the tenth Trek feature film because he had signed up to helm 'Clockstoppers.' In the end, 'Executive Decision' director Stuart Baird was picked to helm 'Star Trek: Nemesis.'
More news can be found in the archives.
Below are the results of the most recent TrekToday poll:
,Thanks for voting! Please participate in our new poll, which asks which Trek captain you would prefer to serve under.,
Today's Television Listings
- TNN will be showing the Next Generation episode 'The Masterpiece Society' at 11:00 p.m Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing an Enterprise episode at 8:00 p.m Eastern Time.
- In the United Kingdom, the Voyager episodes 'Eye of the Needle' at 15:00 GMT, with 'Ex Post Facto' at 16:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- TNN will be showing TNG's '11001001' at 8:00pm Eastern Time and 'Samaritan Snare' at 11:00pm.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing 'The City on the Edge of Forever' at 6:00pm Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing the Original Series's 'Return To Tomorrow' at 10:00am Eastern Time, 'The Doomsday Machine' at 2:00pm, TNG's 'The Child' at 3:00pm, DS9's 'Profit and Lace' at 4:00pm, and Voyager's 'Repentance' at 5:00pm. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In the Netherlands, Nederland 2 will be showing Voyager's 'Q2' at 20:30 CET. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
- In Australia, TV1 will be showing the Original Series's 'Spectre of the Gun' at 23:50. Thanks go out to Sci-Fi TV Schedules International!