News BulletsBy Michelle
April 21, 2005 - 3:19 AM
- July 26th is the new stardate that Paramount has computed for the release of Star Trek: Enterprise - The Complete 2nd Season, notes TV Shows on DVD.
- Louise Fletcher (Kai Winn) was given the Legend Award at the Palm Beach International Film Festival, noted the Sun-Sentinel. Her film Aurora Borealis has its premiere this month at the Tribeca Film Festival in New York; details are available at the film's official site. Thanks to The Louise Fletcher Appreciation Page.
- Scans of Alexander Siddig (Bashir)'s appearances in the book The Making of 'Kingdom of Heaven' are posted in the Sid City forums. SidCity has also received 5 exclusive pictures of Siddig from the film, which opens May 6th.
- Tim Russ will be signing copies of his Children's CD Bugsters Tunes & Tales at the Los Angeles Times Book Fair, UCLA Campus, on Saturday, April 23rd, from 1-2 p.m. at the CM School Supply booth. Russ and his trio will also be playing at the Senior Film Showcase on Wednesday May 4th, from 7:30-9:30 p.m. at the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences. And Russ is working on a horror film that he created. Thanks Maria!
- Photos of Kate Mulgrew (Captain Janeway) at the Tea at Five gala in Baltimore have been posted at Totally Kate!
- Split Reason is selling a "Shat Happens" t-shirt featuring William Shatner (Captain Kirk) which I4U calls "a T-Shirt for all Star Trek fans to get over the end of Star Trek by Paramount Television."
- Shatner is also lending his voice to animated film Over the Hedge along with Wanda Sykes, Nick Nolte and Avril Lavigne making her big-screen debut playing Shatner's daughter. The news is from the Wanda Sykes page at BlackFilm.com.
- Sci Fi Universe has the world's shortest Dominic Keating (Malcolm Reed) interview!
- Veronica Mars creator Rob Thomas would like to produce an entire night of television for UPN's fall schedule, according to an interview at Ain't It Cool News.
- Viacom's net income is down but its revenues are climbing because of changes in tax benefits, reports the Associated Press via Yahoo!
- This past Friday on HBO's Real Time with Bill Maher, during the new rules segment, Maher had a "new rule" directed at the fans of Star Trek: Enterprise available for download here, which says in part:
New Rule: Let TV shows die a natural death. Fans of the canceled TV series, "Star Trek: Enterprise," are trying to raise enough money on their own to pay for another season! It's either that or go outside. So far, they've raised $3 million largely by not dating.
- Star Trek is on MSN's best list for the best and worst of science fiction on TV.
- StarTrekkie has screen shots from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home.
- Sev Trek has posted the Captain Envy punchline.
- TrekWeb notes that longtime production associate Eric Stillwell will be auctioning off his Star Trek collection on eBay.
- New Star Trek books Breakdown and Hollow Men are now in stores, report posters at the TrekBBS.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.