News BulletsBy Caillan
March 21, 2002 - 5:52 PM
- Wil Wheaton (Wesley Crusher) was recently interviewed by OSNews.com. Although the majority of the article deals with computers, the actor talked briefly about 'Star Trek Nemesis':
One of the best things about working with the old gang again was that I was able to relate to them as an adult for the first time. I don't see them nearly as often as I'd like, but each time we do find the time to get together, it's always like no time has passed, at all. I adore them.
The complete interview can be found at this page. Thanks to Eugenia for this!
- StarTrek.com is giving away five copies of the TNG DVD season one box set - go here to enter the competition.
- The official site has also posted a new roundup of Trek alumni in recent and upcoming film and television projects.
- Paul T. Semones has uploaded his review of 'A Hard Rain' at the Library of the Prophets. "For all the high hopes and pure fun of this tale, it's a low-down dirty shame (to get into the linguistic spirit of things) that it has such a lame conclusion," he wrote. "A Hard Rain drove a hard bargain: for the price of an extra-healthy dose of suspension of disbelief, fans get nothing but an empty gimmick." The book scored a grade of B minus in the complete analysis.
- Over at Wigglefish, Kilian Melloy called 'A Hard Rain' "a splash of sunshine across the often too-serious Trek genre." Go here to read the full review, in which the book was awarded a score of 3.5 out of 5.
- Recent updates at Psi Phi's Star Trek Books Database include extracts from 'The Genesis Wave, Book Three', 'A Hard Rain' and Roxann Dawson's (B'Elanna Torres) 'Entering Tenebrea'. The entire list of additions can be found at the web site.
- William Shatner's (James T. Kirk) talks about his 'Showtime' publicity tour in his latest column.
- Photos of Brent Spiner (Data) at the premiere of Jonathan Frakes's new film 'Clockstoppers' can be found here.