Gaming BulletsBy Christian
February 21, 2001 - 10:08 PM
- A report on the French gaming site GameData lists several titles they received from Activision Europe as part of an upcoming release date list, including a game named 'Star Trek: Borg Assimilation'. There is no word on what this title would be, or even how reliable this news is.
- The Decipher web site has been updated with an interview with Ian Vincent, who is a member of the team that won last year's Star Trek Customisable Card Game World Championships. Personally, he is also ranked #2 in the world for the Star Trek CCG and #4 for the Young Jedi CCG.
- Mike Wallis, one of the developers of 'Star Trek DS9: Dominion Wars' has put up the first edition of his .plan file, in which he mentions the game has now hit Alpha stage. "Both the Federation and Dominion campaigns, 20 total missions - 10 for each side, are now in and fully functioning. Multiplayer has been a major focus of the team's, and this build brings us improved stability, Gamespy Arcade integration, 4 fully selectable races, and 3 playable maps."
- PC Zone UK has put up a review of 'Starfleet Command Volumen II: Empires At War', which they award a rating of 75%. "Starfleet Command Volume II: Empires At War is a huge leap forward in almost every department," says reviewer Andrew Wright. "Not only does it look gorgeous but the sound effects and music tracks are superb. And while the game engine considers itself to be turn-based, it looks and feels like a real-time game, thanks to the unique way it has been implemented."
- There is a new screenshot of the week available on the official 'Bridge Commander' site, showing a close-up of a Sovereign-class starship shot half to pieces.
- And more screenshots of the game are available here and here at STBC.de.
Thanks go out to Blue's News for most of these items!
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.