Site ColumnsBy Lisa
December 21, 2001 - 2:34 AM
Yes! I'm free at last! I finally finished decorating my bedroom.
The whole thing was a much larger undertaking than I had thought. But it was worth it - it looks so much better now. The biggest achievement though, was piecing together a new self-assembly bookcase. Despite the instructions apparently being written in English, I still ended up with six screws left at the end. Ah well, it is now full of Voyager videos and Playstation games, and it hasn't fallen apart so far. Fingers crossed.
I took a break from it yesterday though - I went to see the Lord of the Rings instead. I went to the 10:30 a.m showing - the first one of the day. I'm glad I did: the cinema was less than half full, but when we came out (a good few hours later) people were queing outside the doors. So how is it? Well, its increadable. Believe the hype.
I love the books - I actually own two copies of them. My largest gripe wiht the Harry Potter film was, I think, the fact that I found it difficult to see what the screenwriters were there for. Every line that made the audience laugh or gasp, down to the moves in the Quidditch match, were taken from the book. I could just as easily have read it again. But LOTR adapts and brings the books to life in a great new way, adding and adapting as necessary to make a really sucessful adaptation.
I can't wait to go see it again.
Trek BBS Today
Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at the Trek BBS:
-Have you seen every episode of ever Trek series?
-Can anyone explain about Borg Queens?
-Which episode have you seen most often?
More topics can be found at the Trek BBS!
Today is the 31st birthday of Nicole De Boer, who starred in Deep Space Nine's seventh and final season as Ezri Dax.
Today's Television Listings
- TNN will be showing TNG's 'Evolution' at 8:00pm Eastern Time and TNG's 'Brothers' at 11:30pm.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series's 'Friday's Child' at 6:00pm Eastern Time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series's 'The Paradise Syndrome' at 10:00am Eastern Time, with a repeat at 2:00pm, TNG's 'The Price' at 3:00pm, DS9's 'What You Leave Behind, Part I' at 4:00pm and Voyager's 'Eye of the Needle' at 5:00pm.
- In the United Kingdom, Sky One will be showing Voyager's 'Learning Curve' at 17:00 GMT, with a repeat at 00:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In the Netherlands, RTL5 will be showing DS9's 'Civil Defense' at 18:00 CET, while NET5 will be showing Voyager's 'Macrocosm' at 18:30. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
- In Australia, TV1 will be showing TNG's 'Who Watches The Watchers' at 23:30. Thanks go out to the Australian Babylon 5 & Star Trek air schedule!
Tomorrow's Television Listings
- TNN will be showing will be showing the Next Generation episodes 'The Ensigns of Command' at 8:00 p.m eastern time, 'All Good Things (part 1 of 2)' at 9:00 p.m, 'All Good Things (part 2 of 2)' at 10:00 p.m, and 'Suddenly Human' at 11:00 p.m.
- The Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the Original Series episode 'The Deadly Years' at 6:00 p.m eastern time.
- In Canada, Space! will be showing the Original Series episode 'And the Children Shall Lead' at 10:00 a.m and 2:00 p.m eastern time, followed by the Next Generation's 'The Vengeance Factor' at 3:00 p.m, DS9's 'What You Leave Behind-Pt.2' at 4:00 p.m and Voyager's 'Ex Post Facto' at 5:00 p.m.
- In the United Kingdom, E4 will show the Original Series episode 'Errand of Mercy' at 14:00 and 18:00 GMT. Sky One will show Voyager's 'Projections' at 17:00. Thanks go out to the Great Link for this!
- In the Netherlands, RTL5 will show DS9's 'Meridian' at 18:00 ECT. NET5 will show Voyager's 'Fair Trade' at 18:30. Thanks go out to StarTrek.nl for this!
- In Australia, Tv1 will show Voyager's 'Maneuvers' at 10:00. Thanks go out to the Australian Babylon 5 & Star Trek air schedule