News BulletsBy Amy
December 20, 2000 - 3:09 PM
- According to the Comics Continuum, negotiations have almost finished for the next X-Men movie and it looks likely that the original creative team will be on board for the sequel to the hit movie which starred Patrick Stewart (Picard). X-Men 2 might go before cameras for Fox before the end of 2001, with a Christmas 2002 release a possibility.
- The official site has posted an article by Marta Ze, who spent six weeks as part of the Voyager production team while on a Writers Guild of America Writers Training Program. The article looks at the path a story takes from original concept and pitch to final production.
- Jeri Ryan (Seven of Nine), will be appearing on 'The Daily Show with Jon Stewart' tonight.
- Eon Magazine has a report on the recent premiere of 'Vertical Limit', which features Alexander Siddig (Dr. Bashir).
- The DS9 Horizons campaign has again had a mixture of good and bad news - the good is that they've hit a new milestone by getting recieving their 2,500th signature yesterday, the downside is that again their rate at which they're obtaining signatures has fallen.
- Still with 'Horizons' news, they've announced that James E. Harris, Jr. will be producing an official trailer for the campaign and and that they're expecting to recieve a mention in the next edition of 'Star Trek: The Magazine'.
- Mark Beer sends word that the latest issue of 'TV Zone' (#134), contains a schedule of UK DVD releases for the first half of 2001. According to the magazine, Movies V and VI will be released out of sequence, with 'The Undiscovered Country' being released on February 5th while 'The Final Frontier' is to be released on the 5th of March.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.