News BulletsBy Amy
November 20, 2000 - 3:22 PM
- Recently a number of news sites have reported that a copy of the script for upcoming voyager episode 'Shattered' has appeared online at Thinkey's Universe. Unfortunately for those in the spoiler game, the 'script' was in fact a hoax, in reality only a work of fanfiction based on the premise of the episode, according to a message posted on the website. There is now a easily identifiable work of fanfiction in it's place. To see for yourself, please click here.
- Marina Sirtis (Deanna Troi) was recently in the United Kingdom for the opening of the Star Trek: Federation Science exhibition, according to SFX magazine's Christmas 2000 edition. The magazine, which also includes a number of photos from the event, contains a brief interview which the actress where, among other things, she tells the editor (jokingly of course) to "put me on the cover you bastard!".
- This month's edition of TV Zone magazine contains round-up of the year's sci-fi tv shows, and the news isn't good for Voyager fans. The show comes in at second place for the 'worst idea of the year' category, with "'Seven wrestles'; 'Tuvok goes a bit camp'; 'Borg kids learn how to be human' but worst of all 'The crew goes to an Irish village. Twice'". The issue, number 39, also contains a comprehensive season 6 episode guide.
- Volume V, Issue 15 of the Optical Data Network is out, containing the usual thorough round-up of Trek news, rumors, reviews and articles. For those who aren't subscribed, the issue can be found online here.
- According to the William Shatner Connection, the actor has been busy in recent months. Shatner and the Star Command Chorus perform the song "To Infinity and Beyond!" for the animated Disney video, 'Buzz Lightyear of Star Command: The Adventure Begins'. More information on that and the song itself can be found here at the Disney site.
- Also, it's been confirmed that the actor will play the Mayor in the upcoming animated film "Osmosis Jones", which is due for release in Spring 2001, while he will also be appearing in "Miss Congeniality" (starring Sandra Bullock) as a beauty pageant host. This movie will be released on December 22.
- Finally in Shatner news for the day, 'Groom Lake', a sci-fi show both written and directed by the actor famous for his role as Captain Kirk, has begun production. Sciencefiction.com will be conducting live chats from the set on the 30th of November and 7th of December, in addition to posting new footage daily. More information on that can be found here. It's also worth noting that this site recently honored Shatner with one of it's first-ever lifetime acheivement awards in late October.
- Psi Phi has been updated with the full credits listing for last week's Voyager episode, 'Body and Soul'. Also, according to their book section, Amazon.com is now selling Microsoft Reader eBook versions of 184 Star Trek novels.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.