News Bullets (2)By Christian
September 20, 2000 - 11:20 PM
- Over at the Cynics Corner, there is a new German translation of David E. Sluss's review of Deep Space Nine's 'Statistical Probabilities', which was awarded a 5.5. The translation was done, as usual, by Matthias W. Horn.
- David Henderson at Psi Phi has put up a short reference guide for the 'Excalibur' trilogy, the first trilogy in Peter David's 'New Frontier' series.
- Welcome, Brent Spiner Fans! is reporting that 'The Ponder Heart', a telefilm in the PBS Masterpiece Theatre series, won't air until sometime next year. In the film, based on Eudora Welty's novel, Brent Spiner (Data) plays Dorris R. Gladney, a lawyer and boarder at a hotel.
- German pay channel Premiere World will stop broadcasting new sixth-season 'Voyager' episodes on the 12th of September, after showing 'Virtuoso', replacing Voyager with 'Farscape' showings. The second half of Voyager's sixth season will be shown starting the 5th of December.
- According to the official Jeri Lynn Ryan Homepage, the independent feature film 'The Last Man', starring Jeri Ryan (Seven of Nine), was recently named the Best Independent Film at the International Festival of Fantastic Films in England. If you still want a chance to see the film, it will be showing at several venues over the next few weeks - a full listing can be found on the JLR's news page.
- Humour site Drink From The Furry Cup has put up a parody announcement of the fifth Trek series: 'Star Trek: The New Testament', set aboard the USS Galilee. Be warned that the article could be considered offensive by some. Thanks go out to Fandom's Star Trek Central for this!
- Decipher's Sandy Wible has posted an article about the upcoming best-of set for their Customizable Card Game, 'Star Trek CCG: Reflections: The First Five-Year Mission', dealing with the division of rare cards and how all cards have been sorted.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.