News BulletsBy Amy
September 20, 2000 - 7:31 AM
- William Shatner (James T. Kirk) is interviewed in the September 23 issue of TV Guide, saying that his grief over the death of his wife, Nerine Kidd Shatner, inspired him to write his latest Star Trek novel 'Preserver'. In the book, Kirk struggles to save his dying wife, first introduced in 'The Ashes of Eden'. Click here to read more about the interview.
- The Covenant House, an international non-profit organization that provides services to runaway, homeless and other at-risk youths has recently awarded William Shatner (James Kirk) their Distinguished Achievement Award in recognition of his "continued efforts to provide wondrous and meaningful opportunities for children and youth" at a $250-a-plate charity benefit.
- UK magazine SFX sends word that their spy on the Voyager set reports that the Romulans are set to make an appearance in the show's final season, along with the Hirogen, the latter probably appearing in the upcoming 2-parter, 'Flesh and Blood'.
- According to StarTrek.com, the e-book, "Star Trek S.C.E. Book One: The Belly of the Beast" by Dean Wesley Smith has been doing well since it's debut in August, topping sales for all electronic books offered at BarnesandNoble.com, as well as sitting comfortably among the top 100 of all sales made by the Internet bookstore. The original report, which also contains information on the upcoming second book in the S.C.E series, can be found here.
- Startrek.com has also announced that it will be interviewing Trek makeup guru, Michael Westmore, at an undetermined date in the near future. You can submit questions by following the e-mail link on the official site.
- According to Ain't it Cool News, 'X-Men: Special Edition DVD' scheduled for release on 11-21-2000 and starring Patrick Stewart (Picard) as Professor Charles Xavier , will in fact be available for pre-order, contrary to previous reports. The DVD release will include several notable features, including Hugh Jackman's screen test and 10 minutes of deleted footage plus 6 DVD-Exclusive Scenes. The original report can be found here.
Thanks go out to Gustavo Leao and Elaine Butler for some of these.
Find more episode info in the Episode Guide.